Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WOOHOO, won't be upgrading this card again! ANOTHER UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
For anyone that has tried to find a nice looking Jackie Robinson rookie, they would appreciate this. Of all the cards I have ever collected, this has always been my toughest card. I have literally changed (or upgraded) this card no less than a dozen times over a 10 year period. My budget has been $1000 for the card, and have paid anywhere from $500 to $1000 in each of the dozen cards I have owned over the years. Most have been 3's and 4's and I have had a couple 5's but even downgraded 5's to 3's to get a "nicer looking card". Just about every card you will find of his is stained, OC, miscolored, printer marks, or something is wrong with it, and it has been the biggest task of ALL my collecting efforts to find a nice one, and I remind you I have been looking for the winner for 10 years! I have only seen one card that I liked nicer than previous ones that was close to my budget, and although it was only a BVG "3", I was outbid on it, as it sold for over $1200. I was upset I didnt bid higher, because it was a beauty, but tried to keep to my $1000 budget.

Anyway, I am relatively certain, that I will not ever need to or desire to upgrade this card EVER again after 10 years, and after a dozen upgrades.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

!B83mJmQCGk~$(KGrHqV,!lcEy+jC129nBM4KbCSbUg~~0_3.jpg

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
Re: WOO-HOO, I won't be upgrading this card again! TOUGH CARD!

Thats a really, really nice looking 5 for that card. In my opinion, SGC is the best in terms of vintage grading, so thats another plus. My Jackie is a PSA 4 that i got super cheap about 6 years ago, but its one of the nicer 4's on the market. It is such an awesome and historical card.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

FromKoufaxtoEdwin said:
Thats a really, really nice looking 5 for that card. In my opinion, SGC is the best in terms of vintage grading, so thats another plus. My Jackie is a PSA 4 that i got super cheap about 6 years ago, but its one of the nicer 4's on the market. It is such an awesome and historical card.

Please share a scan, I would LOVE to see it!!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

That card is sharp!!

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas

Ton's of eye appeal. You got a good one. How bout a scan of the back?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

Dpanthers14 said:
Great card I prefer gh because there is a lot more babe fakes

I was trying to figure out what the heck you were saying when i realized you got your threads mixed up....you must be saying you like the GH RUth cut better than the Babe Ruth Cut in the other thread...lol...

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

SamHell said:
Ton's of eye appeal. You got a good one. How bout a scan of the back?

Good question...I just won it, so it is not in hand yet. I hope it is as nice as front, but backs really aren't as important to me as they should be...but I will share a scan when i get it.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

Wowza, I own a lot of vintage, including many Jackies, but not this card. You've got me thinking...... ;)

Enjoy and congrats!!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

Now that's pretty! Congrats!

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs

I "upgraded" some of the PSA 8s in my 1975 Topps set for 7s that were nicer. Usually they were for centering and/or print dots, but my Fred Lynn RC just had a mangled edge. No way should that card have been in an 8 holder in the first place.

Here if my Nolan Ryan 7, that cost me more than most 8s were selling for at the time:

31898147.jpg

I even upgraded my PSA 8 Brett to a 7. Here are both:

04673878.jpg07159305.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008

Could you post a scan of the back of the Robinson?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Re: WOO-HOO, I won't be upgrading this card again! UPDATE SOB!!

CRAP!!!

Seller said he shipped card, and he even has a DC saying it was delivered, but I never recieved the card!
I was even home the date and time it said it was delivered, and nothing was.

I cannot believe he shipped it without signature confirmation or insurance.
CRAP!!

I am getting my money back because he never requested SIG CONFIRMATION, but the part that sucks is that I sold my Jackie already in anticipation of recieving the new one...CRAP!

Back to the hunt!

I guess i feel more sorry for the seller since he is losing $918...that or he shipped an empty envelope to some nearby address. (I learned the DC's are by route not by address)....be forewarned sellers to make sure you get that insurance on high ticket items, that DC is NOT ENOUGH!

The seller did say he had a higher grade jackie but it was OC....maybe he was a remorseful seller and decided he didnt want to sell it after all?

Maybe it's an omen that its time to sell off my collection, and get out of this many times frustrating hobby!...

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Re: WOO-HOO, I won't be upgrading this card again! UPDATE SOB!!

The truth is the seller is out $918 for not using sig confirmation. The retarded USPS lost the package. Sucks to be him. You're just lucky you got your money back.

Stop being so paranoid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts