Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Send Roger GODell Packing Petition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
Funny, but signed and passed on...
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... i?RemoveRG

***EDIT***
GOD-ell makes **** up as he feels. There is no one for him to answer to.

His fine today of the 2 players for fighting vs his fines against players for playing the game is
an example of how much of a POS he is.....

The message is clear. Don't use your facemask to hit someone in the chest. Throw them down, rip their helmet off of them and beat the f*ck out of them. It's cheaper!

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
KandKCards said:

Because he is horrible for the game?

short list:

He cries about injuries and has no problem levying fines for "legal" hits, or inventing reasons not in the books why they aren't legal - all in the name of "player safety".

His pussification of the game.

Supporting an 18 game season.

A player who has been fined by his almighty, then has to goto him to dispute it, not a board, or council, but right back to the guy who levied the fine in the first place.

His ability to cover up and destroy all documents regarding cheating without question.

Moving to get teams over seas including one day the Superbowl? (wont happen)

His great idea last year for the probowl...

Those could be a few....

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Uh.

1. Increase the Market Share. Check.
2. Increase Revenue. Check.
3. Increase Player Safety. Check.
4. Clean up Image. Check.
5. Clean up illegal substances. Check.

Roger Goodell has done an astonishing job as commissioner.

Football, like hockey, should restrict the importance of violence to no more than 10% of the game.

Football isn't barbarism. We're not sitting in the Colosseum.

There's a good amount of people that watch nascar to watch cars fly into walls at 200mph. That's just screwed up. There are a good amount of people that think restrictor plates are terrible ideas. Who knows. Thankfully, there's smart people running the show that realize that safety should be their number-one concern.

If you want to see people receive permanent brain damage or smash into walls at 200mph, go ahead and suit your kid up. Get him in a car or a pair of pads, and I'll laugh in your face when he's 35 with 40M dollars, but no memory of last week and a constant headache. I bet he'll be real happy paying doctors a 500K year to look after his dementia.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
pigskincardboard said:
Uh.

Football, like hockey, should restrict the importance of violence to no more than 10% of the game.

There's a good amount of people that watch nascar to watch cars fly into walls at 200mph. That's just screwed up. There are a good amount of people that think restrictor plates are terrible ideas. Who knows. Thankfully, there's smart people running the show that realize that safety should be their number-one concern.

If you want to see people receive permanent brain damage or smash into walls at 200mph, go ahead and suit your kid up. Get him in a car or a pair of pads, and I'll laugh in your face when he's 35 with 40M dollars, but no memory of last week and a constant headache. I bet he'll be real happy paying doctors a 500K year to look after his dementia.

I never thought this would actually happen but I agree with everything you just typed.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
pigskincardboard said:
Uh.

Agreed on all points, all he's done is good for the sport. It's a privilege to play in the league and he's not allowing any nonsense. I agree with the fines for hits, the helmet is for protection and not meant to use as a weapon.

Now we all know you're mad your boy Harrison is getting all those fines but with all that money he's ponying up a bunch of retired players and children are benefiting from it.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Card Magnet said:
I'm fully against what Goodell is. He's the lawmaker, sheriff, judge, and jury.

I'm pretty sure that's what most CEOs do. Goodell controls the brand that is the NFL. It's his job to protect every aspect of it. These are franchises, remember.

The NFL also possesses one of the strongest unions on earth. Players are by no means "the little guy." They probably have the most job protection available. With that said, if Goodell steps outside of the *law* and the union doesn't protect the player, the players are more than welcome to appeal.

The Minnesota Vikings have made that perfectly clear.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Card Magnet said:
I'm fully against what Goodell is. He's the lawmaker, sheriff, judge, and jury.

I'm pretty sure that's what most CEOs do. Goodell controls the brand that is the NFL. It's his job to protect every aspect of it. These are franchises, remember.

The NFL also possesses one of the strongest unions on earth. Players are by no means "the little guy." They probably have the most job protection available. With that said, if Goodell steps outside of the *law* and the union doesn't protect the player, the players are more than welcome to appeal.

The Minnesota Vikings have made that perfectly clear.

Exactly the problem... Appeal. And who is in charge of that. Goodell.

Goodell in the middle of the season starts changing rules, levying fines, making calls that during the game didn't even get a flag from his cushy chair in NY. Its BS. Its one thing to be a CEO of a brand, I am one myself of a very popular company, and what he is doing is WRONG.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
HEAVYHITTER said:
Card Magnet said:
The federal system can take over for some of it, but the majority stops with Goodell hearing the appeal process.

This.

What part of the most powerful union in the world did you not understand? People would kill for the protection that the NFLPA provides, regardless of their recent troubles.

You think the players are getting screwed in this arrangement? You think the players are getting screwed in a collectively bargained agreement?

You think players with a minimum starting salary of 300K are getting screwed by the "MAN."

If your union sits down and says "Sure, go ahead and punish us as you see fit, but we want an extra 1.5% of profits earmarked for salaries"

Big Ben can win plenty of games, but it's tough to sell him if he's a ******. It's tough to sell Pac Man if he's shooting people and it's tough to sell Vick if he's fighting dogs.

The NFL is about MONEY. Players get paid to win in a manner that's profitable. It's about building a brand that you can market in as many arenas as possible. It's not just about winning games on the field. Winning games just helps with the revenue.

Members online

Latest posts