Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AL MVP is Josh Hamilton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
jbone17 said:
Cano got robbed.

The same could be said about Cabrera. I think Hamilton deserved it. I also think Cabrera should have been second and Cano third. Wonder how the official vote turned out.

This will be a great story for sportswriters. #1 overall pick to substance abuse and out of baseball and back to glory, on top of the MLB as MVP.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Pretty cool accomplishment, especially considering everything he's been through. If you polled a million people in 2005 asking them who would be the 2010 AL MVP, probably zero of them would have said Josh Hamilton.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
Pretty cool accomplishment, especially considering everything he's been through. If you polled a million people in 2005 asking them who would be the 2010 AL MVP, probably zero of them would have said Josh Hamilton.
With baseball's popularity what it is, out of a million people, I would venture to guess that 25% would struggle to name any player and 50% probably couldn't name anyone other than Bonds, Jeter, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens or ARod.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
200lbhockeyplayer said:
xcantgobackx said:
With baseball's popularity what it is, out of a million people, I would venture to guess that 25% would struggle to name any player and 50% probably couldn't name anyone other than Bonds, Jeter, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens or ARod.

Very fair point. I was just trying to illustrate how far he's come.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder what was more unlikely, Hamilton winning it circa 2005 or Bautista coming top four circa 15 months ago.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Figured it would have been closer and my vote would have gone to Cabrera, but I've got no issues with Hamilton winning. Congrats to him, he had a great season.

CONGRATS HAMBONE!!!

joshsi005.jpg

mantle011-1.jpg

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I do believe that Hamilton is deserving but I also believe that the voting should have been alot closer then that! I know we can't hold it against him in voting but JHAM had some beasts hitting around him and on the other hand Miggy Cabrera put up MVP numbers basically being unprotected for most of the year!

I also have a good feeling baseball writers love Josh because he was an addict and turned his life around and became the player that he is... They should! but just saying he had that most likely working for him too.

I think Miguel deserved the MVP or at the very least deserved to be a much tighter vote, don't get me wrong I love JHAM. Those are just my views on the situation, either way CONGRATS Josh Hamilton!

Shep :ugeek:

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
got his team to the next level. without him they wouldnt make the playoffs

Truthfully though in the rules of voting that shouldn't matter... I think they make the playoffs possibly without him, that's how good the team was.

But I hear ya ;)

Shep :ugeek:

Members online

Latest posts