Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigningsHotline

Nov 24, 2010
Re: Some help from a Signing Hotline Deluxe member?

RandomH said:
I went on and you have to pay to search your area code now?

LOL ::facepalm::

The zip code search is a feature that was introduced in July 2010. It was never a feature on the free board.

For 3.5 cents a day you too could be a SigningsHotline DeLuxe member. By asking others to get Deluxe info for you, you are opening these folks up to losing their memberships and legal prosecution. We take this stuff seriously.

Support the work we do. Anyone can afford 3.5 cents a day if they collect autographs. Become a member. If you get just 1 autograph that you wouldn't have just because you are a member it has MORE than paid for itself!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

SigningsHotline.com

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

SigningsHotline said:
RandomH said:

The zip code search is a feature that was introduced in July 2010. It was never a feature on the free board.

For 3.5 cents a day you too could be a SigningsHotline DeLuxe member. By asking others to get Deluxe info for you, you are opening these folks up to losing their memberships and legal prosecution. We take this stuff seriously.

Support the work we do. Anyone can afford 3.5 cents a day if they collect autographs. Become a member. If you get just 1 autograph that you wouldn't have just because you are a member it has MORE than paid for itself!

SigningsHotline.com

It's your website and you can manage it however you want to, but if you feel the need to thinly-veil a threat of legal action against someone for asking a simple question, there's no need for me to ever check your site out.

You could've been the bigger man and posted the info yourself with something saying "and if you would like to know more, please visit..."

But instead youre answer was a dbaggish.

Im sure you could care less but just thought i'd throw it out there.

SigningsHotline

Nov 24, 2010

I am sorry you are interpreting my response that way. I think if you re-read it you would see that is not what was written.

RandomH

HPC said:
SigningsHotline said:
RandomH said:

SigningsHotline.com

It's your website and you can manage it however you want to, but if you feel the need to thinly-veil a threat of legal action against someone for asking a simple question, there's no need for me to ever check your site out.

You could've been the bigger man and posted the info yourself with something saying "and if you would like to know more, please visit..."

Agreed. I went from considering a membership to never getting one. Thanks.

ethanbryer

Jun 22, 2010
So. Missouri

RandomH said:
HPC said:
SigningsHotline said:
RandomH said:

SigningsHotline.com

You considered getting a membership by asking someone else to get you the paid information for free.......

RandomH

ethanbryer said:
RandomH said:
HPC said:
SigningsHotline said:
RandomH said:

SigningsHotline.com

You considered getting a membership by asking someone else to get you the paid information for free.......
The thought of getting a membership was floating around in my brain. I would probably pick it up during the weekend. Before you get all tall and mighty, don't you have some packs at Walmart to search and ******?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

HPC said:
SigningsHotline said:
RandomH said:

SigningsHotline.com

You are jumping to conclusions BIG TIME here man.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

cgilmo said:
HPC said:
SigningsHotline said:
RandomH said:

SigningsHotline.com

You are jumping to conclusions BIG TIME here man.

I might be,

But from an answer that says, "By asking others to get Deluxe info for you, you are opening these folks up to losing their memberships and legal prosecution. We take this stuff seriously.", I didnt really have another conclusion to make.

After I read Random's post, I was going to check the site out and consider joining, but then the owner/operator of the site posted that, and I dont want to even look at it anymore.

If your very first method of communication is to thinly veil legal threats, then it's not the place for me.

I understand that there is a reason people pay for memberships, but I havent once seen PSA come here and threaten legal action against people who ask for population reports.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been a member of signingshotline for years now, I go there almost everyday to check the listings. If you collect autos and you aren't a member, you're doing yourself a disservice. And to say you'll never sign up just because of what they just posted on here is ridiculous. It clearly says on their site what listings you can share and which ones you can't.

The $12 a year fee ($10 after your first year as long as you renew your subscription) is well worth. If you go to one free signing of a player that normally charges $12+ per auto, you are paying for you subscription in just one signing. Last year I saw a free signing for Jerome Bettis, I took my wife so I got 2 autos for free, those 2 autos would've cost me $200+ at an autograph show.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Point taken.

Doesnt really change the owner's attitude about the situation though.

RandomH

cgilmo said:
Perhaps it would be different if the pop reports were the actual product.
How does this work with the whole TTM address thing? Sites like Sportscollectors.net use the addresses as a product? Yet they are posted here and other places?

SigningsHotline

Nov 24, 2010

You mentioned "thinly veiled legal threats" against people asking simple question twice. I replied that that was not what was written and recommended you re-read it.

We are not making any legal threats against anyone asking simple questions. That is not what is written. What we said was if you are a Deluxe member and you give out information (that is against what is written in the membership agreement. Indymann was not doing anything against the membership agreement) your membership will be revoked. And if this is the kind of thing that continually happens we will consider legal remedies. I am not sure where you made the jump that we are threatening people asking questions with lawsuits, thinly veiled or other wise.

In any case, I did not come here to argue. I came here to clarify misinformation in the original thread. If anyone would like to become a DeLuxe member, it is a service that is well worth the small fee. If it wasn't, people wouldn't be asking others to get the info for them! If you don't want to become a member we offer a free service that still provides a lot of info at no charge. When you recommended I should be a "bigger man" and provide the info, I am already doing that. All the info that Indymann provided could have easily been found on our free service right now.

In any case, once again a Happy Thanksgiving to you of all and God bless.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

"you are opening these folks up to losing their memberships and legal prosecution. We take this stuff seriously."

How many attorneys do you have on your payroll?

SigningsHotline said:
You mentioned "thinly veiled legal threats" against people asking simple question twice. I replied that that was not what was written and recommended you re-read it.

We are not making any legal threats against anyone asking simple questions. That is not what is written. What we said was if you are a Deluxe member and you give out information (that is against what is written in the membership agreement. Indymann was not doing anything against the membership agreement) your membership will be revoked. And if this is the kind of thing that continually happens we will consider legal remedies. I am not sure where you made the jump that we are threatening people asking questions with lawsuits, thinly veiled or other wise.

In any case, I did not come here to argue. I came here to clarify misinformation in the original thread. If anyone would like to become a DeLuxe member, it is a service that is well worth the small fee. If it wasn't, people wouldn't be asking others to get the info for them! If you don't want to become a member we offer a free service that still provides a lot of info at no charge. When you recommended I should be a "bigger man" and provide the info, I am already doing that. All the info that Indymann provided could have easily been found on our free service right now.

In any case, once again a Happy Thanksgiving to you of all and God bless.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
hai guys i just signed up for a deluxe membership, here's my login, enjoy!

id: ILoveTurkey
pword: suckittrebek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online