Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which do you like better

WHICH ONE

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Top=Rough edge
Middle=slightly more oc but no rough edge
Bottom=slightly less grade, but not oc or rough edge

!BsBz6SgB2k~$(KGrHqYH-CoEvF-uvfNeBL2Mgb6s8Q~~_3.jpg
!B3W7itQ!2k~$(KGrHqQOKiwEyW2SUJr,BMl61Pbr,Q~~_3.jpg
hank.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Middle. I'll take a little OC as long as its not killer.

What are these fetching in this grade now anyways? I have been wanting to pick one up for the last 4 years now.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
predatorkj said:

What are these fetching in this grade now anyways? I have been wanting to pick one up for the last 4 years now.
around a thousand...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
predatorkj said:

around a thousand...

See...I'd rather buy a 4 or so but raw. Bad thing is...sight on the bay is not good enough for me. I want to see the puppy in hand. But if you buy graded the price is a lot more for the same condition. At least with what I have seen. Kinda torn on what to do. Buy one graded and at least be guaranteed the grade or buy one raw and take my chances of buying a trimmed card. Either way I hate the options which is why I currently don't own one.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
id take the bottom, something about the centering of the middle one is just weird. the bottom one looks the best IMO

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
WOW, Thanks guys!

I own the bottom one, and was going to upgrade to the top 1. I thought it was pretty cool with the rough edges, as it shows how many of these were first made. ALso that top one looks like it would be graded a 7.5 if not for the rough edges. Anyway, if it's that much of a turn-off to most people, then the resale may not be so good either. You helped me make up my mind not to "upgrade" this time around...but I am always looking to upgrade this....the sgc I own now on the bottom is the effort after about 10 upgrades.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
predatorkj said:
hofautos said:
predatorkj said:

around a thousand...

See...I'd rather buy a 4 or so but raw. Bad thing is...sight on the bay is not good enough for me. I want to see the puppy in hand. But if you buy graded the price is a lot more for the same condition. At least with what I have seen. Kinda torn on what to do. Buy one graded and at least be guaranteed the grade or buy one raw and take my chances of buying a trimmed card. Either way I hate the options which is why I currently don't own one.

I have been burned buying raw on more than one occasion on high priced vintage, and never will anymore. There may not be a lot of fake hanks out there, but i am sure there are a lot of trimmed. Someone may have good luck buying raw, but it's not my gamble any more.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
hofautos said:
WOW, Thanks guys!

I own the bottom one, and was going to upgrade to the top 1. I thought it was pretty cool with the rough edges, as it shows how many of these were first made. ALso that top one looks like it would be graded a 7.5 if not for the rough edges. Anyway, if it's that much of a turn-off to most people, then the resale may not be so good either. You helped me make up my mind not to "upgrade" this time around...but I am always looking to upgrade this....the sgc I own now on the bottom is the effort after about 10 upgrades.

PS, for me personally, i would never buy the middle one. Centering is the MOST important attribute to me when buying vintage, and I strive and upgrade many times to find the centered card.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Id take a centered rough cut.... over a diamond cut which is OC ..... any day.

The bottom one is nicest IMO, and its also in a SGC slab so thats a BIG plus.

Members online

Latest posts