Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Westchester County Center Thanksgiving Thread 11/26 - 11/28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Who's coming? Who's dealing? Bringing anything good? Gonna bust some wax?

How much will the 2010 Bowman Chrome boxes be? Over/Under $40? $45?

TBTwinsFan - looking for EEE of Knudson, Rosin, or Kvas

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
It starts 1 Pm tomorrow...nobody is going?

PM me if you need a specific card or cards you need, I'll keep an eye open...

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Im going only for JSA! I have about 20 Yankee items to get certified...I have too many Yankees autos..

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
I won't have a table but I will be walking around. If this show is as small as I think it is, you will see me. If you want to trade or buy on the cheap let me know. I'm looking to sell QUICK.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Trip Report:

Overall, a fun day. Definitely not a ton of tables downstairs, let alone prospect tables, but still a few deals and a nice assortment.....

Cheapest Bowman Chrome 2010 was $50...probably a good thing as I wanted the guy to go $45 and he wouldn't budge saying he was still losing money at $50...I understand, but the market dictates $40 - $45 and I don't believe this guy sold any boxes as the case looked full...I mean I know he's losing money on bowman chrome, but when he's charging $12 a pack for 2010 bowman, he has to realize that sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, you have to sell at market or wait....

Saw Mike there and had a good time talking about prospects...So the other usual suspects, bought a pretzel from the little food thingie...

On to the buys and trades (a nice assortment but I wanted more):

Purchase:

$20 - Matt Davidson Elite Auto BGS 9.5 / 10 Auto
May have overpaid, but I love graded cards and I know elite is tougher than chrome and this had (2) 10 sub grades, 1.0 away from a BGS 10. I mean I could probably lose $5 on it, but I like these graded cards.

$30 - Jesus Montero Sterling Auto/Jersey
Decent deal here I think

$10 - Max Kepler Chrome Auto
Same as Montero I believe

$50 -
Mike Moustakas BGS 9 / 10 Auto Tristar 2009 Green Auto #'d 50
Matt LaPorta BGS 9.5 / 10 Auto Sterling
Stephen Drew BGS 9 / 10 Auto Chrome 2005
Lonnie Chisenhall Sterling Auto
Pretty decent deals here...I see the Moustakas as a solid $10 card that could really heat up, the Drew is a solid $20, the LaPorta is a cheap buy at $15 and the Chisenhall is a nice addition to my stash at $5

Trade -
Traded Ackely Chrome 9.5 AUto (bought for $60) and Teheran Chrome Ref Auto (Bought for $30ish) for:
Mike Trout Chrome Auto
Moutakas Chrome Auto BGS 9.5

O forgot, also picked up for $55:

(2) Dellin Betances Chrome Auto BGS 9.5 with really nice subs

Sold a David Price Sterling 9.5 for what I paid to the guy who sold me the $50 lot as he talked me into it for $40....Also sold a Zimmerman Chrome Auto I got for about what I paid at $45 as I want to find a better centered copy or a BGS 9 or BGS 9.5...

Overall, a fun show but def. could have been better....Hopefully January will heat things up as this weather gets awfully cold...

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Was there a decent selection of good quality basketball and non rookie auto patches for baseball?

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
am on my way there now...I have tons of Yankees autos to authenticate...I have like 4 Matsui's to submit for submission. I hope nothing gets rejected by JSA...Kind regards, J.

Members online

Latest posts