Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New High for Lance McCullers USA AUTO EDIT: Starling Too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
This is the highest I've seen a base Lance McCullers auto go so far.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... 19c115d4ea

Previously had been in the $8-$15 range depending on the day. Have noticed a small upward trend among many of the USA's. (Starling, Soto, Lopes, Lindor, Swihart & Ragira) in the last week. Wondering if this is the result of a lower supply then when everyone was busting upon release, or as the result of a higher demand after the BA Top 100 HS rankings came out.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Re: New High for Lance McCullers Base USA Chrome AUTO

I've also noticed higher prices and less cards. Less auctions because of the holiday raises prices, BA and there's more talk about them so more are now holding. ? But wow. Some USA Topps autos, now selling for 3x less on same players that I bought.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky

topprospectalert said:

Previously had been in the $8-$15 range depending on the day. Have noticed a small upward trend among many of the USA's. (Starling, Soto, Lopes, Lindor, Swihart & Ragira) in the last week. Wondering if this is the result of a lower supply then when everyone was busting upon release, or as the result of a higher demand after the BA Top 100 HS rankings came out.

The posting of that list on here certainly didn't help matters. A few guys have skyrocketed ever since.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008

bballcardkid said:
topprospectalert said:

The posting of that list on here certainly didn't help matters. A few guys have skyrocketed ever since.

I don't recall mccullers being on that list as he's a 2012 guy. I was also surprised by how low the prices were on many of these guys were at release. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere to make my buys this offseason.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky

bear0555 said:
bballcardkid said:
topprospectalert said:

I don't recall mccullers being on that list as he's a 2012 guy. I was also surprised by how low the prices were on many of these guys were at release. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere to make my buys this offseason.

He wasn't only referring to Mccullers:

"Have noticed a small upward trend among many of the USA's. (Starling, Soto, Lopes, Lindor, Swihart, Ragira) in the last week. Wondering if this is the result of a lower supply then when everyone was busting upon release or as a result of a higher demand after the BA Top 100 HS rankings came out."

I simply agreed that the posting of the list certainly didn't help keep the prices low.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

topprospectalert said:
A Bubba Starling Blue Refractor went for $83 tonight

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... 2eb1874472

That is a new high, and borderline bonkers as the last one on the 21st went for $49.88

Yeah I saw that too..I wonder who is bidding like that!? That's one hefty price increase from one card to the next when most of them have pretty much been right around $50

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008

Prices spike every November when BA releases this list - nothing new honestly. It may be enhanced a bit because the product was released so close to the Top 100 coming out, but history is repeating itself, and as such prices will fall back toward the end of December and into January.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
No idea. Someone(s) is driving stuff up. Maybe everyone had Black Friday $$ spring open for singles after the box sales today were kind of blah compared to last year :)

Brian Ragira Orange's have jumped from $68 to $100+ this week as well. I'm sitting on a 9.5/10 orange that I'm halfway temped to toss up on a high ball BIN/BO and see what happens. It's been wild this past week.

Christian Lopes base went for $26 which is a new high as well as a Blue Ref for $52 also a high.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A friend of mine, who just so happens to be Starling's teacher, has just registered here. He'll be posting shortly.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
There is no reason why McCullers, Almora, Ragira, Lorenzen, etc should be seeing spikes. As 2012 & 2013 draftees, we have a LONG time to see them develop.

Swihart (#1A), Starling (#1B), Soto (overrated), Lindor (Underrated) and others should all be seeing nice jumps from the top 100.

The fact that the market is quickly drying up isn't helping pricing either. I suggest you buy what you can.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
NECpilgrims8 said:
There is no reason why McCullers, Almora, Ragira, Lorenzen, etc should be seeing spikes. As 2012 & 2013 draftees, we have a LONG time to see them develop.

Swihart (#1A), Starling (#1B), Soto (overrated), Lindor (Underrated) and others should all be seeing nice jumps from the top 100.

The fact that the market is quickly drying up isn't helping pricing either. I suggest you buy what you can.

Especially with these limited to 475-500 base copies each. $20 should be considered a bargain for essentially a refractor of a top draft prospect.

naysayer

Nov 26, 2010
Kansas
Jaypers said:
A friend of mine, who just so happens to be Starling's teacher, has just registered here. He'll be posting shortly.

I was hoping to keep a fairly low profile. haha. Thanks JP. :lol:

Glad to be back into cards! I've been out of it for a while now. I started online back in 1994 with cards. My first ever online transaction was for a Ben Grieve Topps Traded rookie. haha! I've come a long way since then. Started prospecting pretty intensely with 1999 Bowman Chrome and then moved onto Exquisite by the time I got out of college and had a decent paycheck which to blow on cards. I'll get my photobucket link working here soon although most of that good stuff is long gone.

Anyway, I'm curious what you Baseball America prospecting gurus think about Bubba Starling's baseball potential. I've known Bubba and his family for about four years now. He's put our entire town on the map. Great family, great young man. Very leveled head. We'll see if he signs wherever he's drafted or heads to Nebraska. But I'd love to gain some insight from everyone on his abilities on the diamond. I'm the public address announcer for football and basketball games here (teach English and coach track too) and I can tell you with 100% certainty he's the greatest high school athlete I've ever seen in person. His 4.36 40 that he ran last spring was digital and he's faster this year! His last football game this season he rushed, as the QB, for 396 yards and 5 TDs on 31 carries against the eventual state champions. If he ran track...well...don't get me started. I spend most days trying not to think of all I could do on the track with his talent. haha

I don't plan to SUPER collect him but I've picked up a few of his cards and hope to get some more as time goes on. I was telling Jaypers that I didn't get back into cards until a week ago when Bubba walked into my classroom, handed me one of his Bowman Chromes that he signed personally to me. Crazy feeling let me tell ya! ha Since then I've busted 2 cases of 2010 Bowman Chrome and have one more on the way. Sit on it??

Looking forward to trading/buying/selling with everyone.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I don't really know anything about Starling

But I don't see why he'd commit to Nebraska to play qb if he could potentially be a first round MLB pick. Taylor Martinez will be the starting quarterback until he graduates.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
JoshHamilton said:

But I don't see why he'd commit to Nebraska to play qb if he could potentially be a first round MLB pick. Taylor Martinez will be the starting quarterback until he graduates.

"Committing" to a school means nothing these days. It doesn't bind you to anything and you can still get drafted and sign.

Choosing a school doesn't mean anything more than message board fodder for fans of that program.

Starling is a freak athlete, but his #1 sport is football. It's clear he would be an extremely high pick in 3 years, as well as a legit potential heisman winner.

naysayer

Nov 26, 2010
Kansas
JoshHamilton said:

He'd commit for the same reason Joe Mauer committed to Florida State....leverage and security. Makes total sense as a bargaining chip.

As for starting at Nebraska. Just trust me. I've heard differently about Mr. Martinez from a source at the very top of the Husker program. :cool:
But it's all just conjecture until it becomes a reality. I personally hope Bubba gets drafted high and signs for millions and finds success in baseball because as scary as he is in football, it's his second-best sport. Oh to be 18 and a stud! What I wouldn't give.

His #1 sport is baseball. Take that from a guy who has watched every amazing football game he's played in since 7th grade. He's ridiculous as a running QB. He's a man amongst boys. But his true abilities are on the diamond.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts