Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cool video about how baseballs are made.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
[youtube:2thp3qus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfPuRoStEdw[/youtube:2thp3qus]

Never seen this process before. Just thought I would share.

~AJ

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Dude in the video had longer nails then some woman I know. And I think someone posted this awhile back.
But it is always nice to watch how things are made.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Pine Tar said:
Dude in the video had longer nails then some woman I know. And I think someone posted this awhile back.

I just got an email from my dad with a link to the video. I had never seen it so I grabbed the link from the tube and put it up. Hope anyone that hasn't seen it enjoys it.

Happy Black Friday

~AJ

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
ajbraves25 said:
Pine Tar said:

I just got an email from my dad with a link to the video. I had never seen it so I grabbed the link from the tube and put it up. Hope anyone that hasn't seen it enjoys it.

Happy Black Friday

~AJ

I did enjoy it. I never knew there was that much to a ball.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
jlvjr16 said:
wow alot of manual work!!!

Yes I'm very much surprised how much manual work is involved for each baseball. 350 stitchers in one factory!! I noticed they had to manually place the balls well-centered into the machine so it gets stamped, I would've thought they had a machine to do that.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
xcantgobackx said:
Post thanked! Awesome video! I also had no clue they were stitched by hand. I'll never complain again for paying ~$12-$15 for an ROLMB again!

Know instead you are paying for hand made quality (price mark up!) from cheap labor. :lol:

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
The only thing wrong about the video is the dimensions that the narrator states. The pill is not no 4 1/4 inches and the last stage of twining the ball is not no 9 inches.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Rickzcards said:
The only thing wrong about the video is the dimensions that the narrator states. The pill is not no 4 1/4 inches and the last stage of twining the ball is not no 9 inches.

Sorry, but he is right.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
Pine Tar said:

I hope that guy isn't touching my balls...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
gwynn5453l4u said:
I never imagined that they'd be stitched by hand!! Did you see all of those stitchers???!!?!?

yep, with the consistency of the stitches on brand-new balls, I'd have thought a machine would be doing that. Those stitchers are amazing - I know if was stitching it, some stitches probably would be loser and others tighter.

With the stitching, hand-pressing of the cowhide halves, and quality checking, I"m amazed at the manual labor involved. Thank goodness for the machines that do all the yarn winding!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
xcantgobackx said:
Post thanked! Awesome video! I also had no clue they were stitched by hand. I'll never complain again for paying ~$12-$15 for an ROLMB again!

I had no idea that so much of it was done by hand, especially the stitching! And I'd gladly pay $12-$15 for one... here in the Toronto area they cost $20-$25 apiece!

- R.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts