Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jim Thome - 1st Ballot HOFer?

Is Jim Thome a 1st Ballot HOFer?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Cast your votes above. I say yes, but I'm curious to get others' opinions.

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
MaineMule said:
Yes- and this assumes he is never implicated in any steroid controversy (like McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Palmeiro, etc....)

Very possible he goes over 600 HR...

i dont see him ever getting accused of steroids...hes been like this since i was hating him on the indians. lol even though hes gotten older, he hasnt really changed his appearance (like bonds) to where it would look like he did. hes a great player and i hope he can make it to 600 before he hangs it up...especially if he can stay with the white sox!

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
i voted yes. i do not believe he ever used any HGH or other type of steroid. i have been wrong before however.

***edit***
i am not sold that he is a first-ballot hof'er (i overlooked that part), but i do believe he deserves, and will be in.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Definitely yes. Consider the fact that he and Griffey are the only "clean" players to make it to 600 homers (assuming that he does) since Aaron, Mays, and Ruth. Quietly one of the greatest power hitters of all time, and he is only overshadowed because he never has put up a monster home run total (not positive, but I don't believe he has ever hit 50 in a single season). But he has been consistent for a long time with 30-40 homers a year.

ral72

Aug 8, 2008
Schwenksville, PA
I voted NO. I've always felt that in order to make the HOF, a player should have to do something other than just bat 3 or 4 times per game. To me, that's as if a basketball player would spend the entire game just standing underneath his net, because he's either too lazy or too old to run up and down the court during the game. What if the Mick had been able to turn into a fat POS like Thome and just swing the bat a couple times per game? He probably could have played a few years longer.

Thome has played a grand total of 4 games at 1B in the 2006, 2007, and 2008 seasons. That's just ridiculous. Not to mention, he is far and away the active strikeouts leader, and is 3rd amongst the all-time K leaders.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
ral72 said:
I voted NO. I've always felt that in order to make the HOF, a player should have to do something other than just bat 3 or 4 times per game. To me, that's as if a basketball player would spend the entire game just standing underneath his net, because he's either too lazy or too old to run up and down the court during the game. What if the Mick had been able to turn into a fat POS like Thome and just swing the bat a couple times per game? He probably could have played a few years longer.

Thome has played a grand total of 4 games at 1B in the 2006, 2007, and 2008 seasons. That's just ridiculous. Not to mention, he is far and away the active strikeouts leader, and is 3rd amongst the all-time K leaders.

LOL! ever thought that maybe he isn't playing at first because he is not needed there!? he's not the best there, so why put him there and hurt the team? he's far from lazy. if he can hit, find somewhere else for him to play, in this case, DH. and a fat POS? hes been big his whole career. jeez man that made me laugh

G

Come on really why would he not be induced in the Hall of Fame
He just keeps moving on up the ladder of Home Run Leaders,

So I guess my answer is Yes too, this coming from a Cubs fan also

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
ral72 said:

Thome started his career at 3rd base with the Indians and played there for over 4 years.

Members online

Latest posts