Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My 150th HOF auto - cool little piece of history IMO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
This came in the mail today, a check from the Yankees to the American League for the League's share of a 1939 homestand against the White Sox. It is signed by HOFer Ed Barrow (and made out to HOFer William Harridge). Also signed by Yankees treasurer Albert Brennan. The auction failed to mention that it had been authenticated by JSA, so I personally feel that this was steal at 99 bucks. My 150th HOF auto! Number 151 should be coming in shortly...

Barrow.jpg
Scan335.jpg

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
NICE!!! That price is very good.

I paid a bit more for my Barrow (a GPC), which I should be receiving back slabbed any day now....

Thanks. That's the crazy thing, I was thinking about slabbing it, but then I thought that it had to be legit (plus it costs 75 I think). I couldn't believe that he failed to mention the JSA cert. in the auction.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
Is the check endorsed by Harridge on the reverse??

I wish! Just stamped. The bottom scan above is the back of the check.

Edit-that reminds me, I've always liked this check (link below), because it has two HOFers autos on it, Heilmann is a tough sig, and I like to imagine why one player would give/loan/lose 100 bucks to another. Too bad the price is ridiculous!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harry-Heilmann-Hein ... 18Q2el1247

Members online

Latest posts