Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anyone going to soxfest? list of sox attendees included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
i believe it's jan 30, 31, and feb 1.

looks like passes are still available, except the "saturday-only" pass
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/com ... oxfest.jsp

Current players, coaches and staff scheduled to attend are Ken Williams, Ozzie Guillen, Brian Anderson, Harold Baines, Jeff Cox, John Danks, Jermaine Dye, Chris Getz, Paul Konerko, Scott Linebrink, Juan Nieves, Jerry Owens, Carlos Quentin, Clayton Richard, Adam Russell, Jim Thome, Mark Salas, Ehren Wassermann, Greg Walker and Dewayne Wise. Announcers Ken “Hawk” Harrelson, Steve Stone and Ed Farmer also will be in attendance.

Legendary White Sox executives and players also will attend SoxFest, include: Roland Hemond, Kevin Hickey, Ron Kittle, Bill Melton, Minnie Minoso and Moose Skowron. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the American League champion “Go-Go Sox” team. Commemorating the occasion, former White Sox players Jim McAnany, Jim Landis, Billy Pierce, Jim Rivera and Bob Shaw are scheduled to attend SoxFest.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
you guys don't invite minor leaguers?

flowers has a nice sig

no, i assume other teams do?

would love to get a poreda or beckham omlb

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
is that heyward on the left gilmore?

i don't really go for the autos necessarily since i have now completed my 2005 ws ball set, it's just fun to stay at the hotel with my friends.
that said, i hope i will be getting quentin and danks.

i'm pissed pierznyski isn't coming this year. i have a ball used in the pierzynski-barrett fight game and i want at least AJ to sign it.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
chisox2008 said:
Do you have any idea if the autos are free once you buy the one day pass? lmk
thanks

yes they are. note that all players on not there every day. the best days are sat/sun for autos, and friday is very quiet, but the good garage sale stuff (game used items, etc that they sell) is gone by friday night

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
J.O. said:
is that heyward on the left gilmore?

i don't really go for the autos necessarily since i have now completed my 2005 ws ball set, it's just fun to stay at the hotel with my friends.
that said, i hope i will be getting quentin and danks.

i'm pissed pierznyski isn't coming this year. i have a ball used in the pierzynski-barrett fight game and i want at least AJ to sign it.

Edit: nevermind, answered above

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
OMG! I just checked the date for this and I am staying in that exact same hotel for a conference at the Chicago Hilton Wed-Sat morning. Do you have to buy tickets for Friday Night? When do the players start arriving? Good thing some of the sessions are not mandatory. Looks like I need to start scouring my collection for Sox stuff. Would it be inapproriate to wear Cubs gear to this? :lol:

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
OMG! I just checked the date for this and I am staying in that exact same hotel for a conference at the Chicago Hilton Wed-Sat morning. Do you have to buy tickets for Friday Night? When do the players start arriving? Good thing some of the sessions are not mandatory. Looks like I need to start scouring my collection for Sox stuff. Would it be inapproriate to wear Cubs gear to this? :lol:
no, but you'd probably be heckled by some sox fans, most jokingly, but still heckled.
yes tickets are required for friday. i have met some announcers while they were waiting for their cars after the thing ends for the day.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
also, what do you mean by mandatory? nothing is mandatory. there are seminars, Q&A, and signings. you don't have to attend any of it lol- in fact you can't. there's often multiple things at the same time

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I was referring to MY conference that I am going up to Chicago for. So it sounds like this is alot like the Cubs Convention. I have a call into the hotel because on the Sox website it says Fri night is for hotel guests only!

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I will be there and I will not be wearing anything Cubs.
I am still looking for a Friday ticket. LMK if you know of anyone that is willing to sell the pass for Friday.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
I will be there and I will not be wearing anything Cubs.
I am still looking for a Friday ticket. LMK if you know of anyone that is willing to sell the pass for Friday.
not that i know of sorry :(

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
JO, where you at the Palmer House tonight?
I got Danks, Bob Shaw, and Roland Hemond.
I saw Darrin Jackson and Jermaine Dye too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts