Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you fix the BCS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Everyone ******* about the BCS, so here's your chance to offer a solution on how it can be improved. And don't complain that we need a playoff system. That's an NCAA decision, not a BCS decision.

I have no problem with the BCS method of ranking teams. None at all. Frankly, I'd rather put ranking teams in the hands of unbiased computers as opposed to ignorant voters who are on the same level as Strom Thurmond when it comes to change and progress.

My one suggestion:

Eliminate conference ties. That would solve nearly complaint. Put the 1-10th ranked teams in BCS bowl games. Don't give a special rule to Notre Dame, don't give the goddamned Big East an AQ (their conference should have had their AQ stripped in '03 when they lost Miami, VT, and BC) when they collectively suck. An 11-1 Boise St team getting snubbed for an 8-4 UConn team is a travesty. Oh, and get rid of the ACC as well. They've been irrelevant for about a decade.

That's really my only anti-BCS argument. It's WAY better than the retarded Bowl Alliance that we used to have. At least now, we get 1 vs. 2 for the championship

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As a BIG BCS-ripper, I've got some ideas.

1. No AQ (from any conference, even the Big 6). UConn, seriously? No problem with your idea of going by rankings. But no conference gets more than 3 in.

2. Devalue strength of schedule's value in the ratings even further.

3. Elimate the awful Harris poll.

4. Have a small non-NCAA committee to oversee the ratings and address any computer-made mistakes/anomolies.

5. Do not give Bowls "their pick" of teams and place them, just like seeding process.

6. Keep Ohio State and Florida State out every year. :lol:

And I still rip ESPN for not pushing for a better system before they signed that big Exclusive Rights contract.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Strength of schedule is fine if you remove human polls/emotion from the equation.

Let's simplify it and throw in SOS at the end of the season. Overall W-L record by all the you faced equals your SOS.

And bring back margin of victory. Beating teams by an avg score of 52-21 is more impressive than 28-21. That should be rewarded

Members online

Latest posts