Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Wanna Clear This Up (Jeter)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Everyone who says he is overrated... he is nearing 3000 hits and he still has 3-5 years in him... Overrated??? People dont say he is the BEST ever, but anyone who gets 3000 hits is a great player... nuff said.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
He's getting credit now for his name, not his production. He's slumping with age, as any great player. Overrated in his prime? No. Overrated at this moment in time? Yes. I think nobody is overrating Jeter more than Jeter and his agent though.

Just my 2¢.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
techboy42004 said:
Everyone who says he is overrated... he is nearing 3000 hits and he still has 3-5 years in him... Overrated??? People dont say he is the BEST ever, but anyone who gets 3000 hits is a great player... nuff said.

Im just tired of hearing people say he is overrated, maybe he doesnt deserve 20 million a year, but he is still a great player & person.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Card Magnet said:
He's getting credit now for his name, not his production. He's slumping with age, as any great player. Overrated in his prime? No. Overrated at this moment in time? Yes. I think nobody is overrating Jeter more than Jeter and his agent though.

Just my 2¢.

True, but people were saying Reyes is better than him, this was a couple years ago, but this is what started my anger of people saying he's overrated.

casmith12

May 3, 2010
I think that everyone agrees with you here the Jeter is a great baseball player. He is not what he used to be, nor is he worth the money he is asking. He is 36 year old shortstop who put up very mediocre batting stats. With that being said, he is still a good fielder, but not a 15 mil. per season fielder

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Derek Jeter cannot be overrated and anyone who says different is a moron.

He is greater than any five baseball players put together. If you created a Voltron-type super player with Ted Williams for the head, Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron for the arms, and Barry Bonds and Joe DiMaggio for the legs, then gave that super player a magic bat that shoots lightning bolts, Derek Jeter would still dominate. Plus, he'd bag all those players' girlfriends/wives because he's a super cool stud.

I know this because he has FIVE RINGS! Argument over!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
maxpower said:

He is greater than any five baseball players put together. If you created a Voltron-type super player with Ted Williams for the head, Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron for the arms, and Barry Bonds and Joe DiMaggio for the legs, then gave that super player a magic bat that shoots lightning bolts, Derek Jeter would still dominate. Plus, he'd bag all those players' girlfriends/wives because he's a super cool stud.

So by your way of thinking Jeter is better than Mays (only 1 WS champ) at batting and fielding? Jeter for sure is Overpaid.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
maxpower said:

That means one of Voltron's legs and his bat is illegal.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Card Magnet said:
maxpower said:

+1 and why do you have to give him a roid leg?

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Krom said:
maxpower said:

So by your way of thinking Jeter is better than Mays (only 1 WS champ) at batting and fielding? Jeter for sure is Overpaid.

Derek Jeter is 5x the player that Willie Mays was. And infinity times better than Ernie Banks.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
techboy42004 said:
techboy42004 said:

Im just tired of hearing people say he is overrated, maybe he doesnt deserve 20 million a year, but he is still a great player & person.

Did you really just quote yourself?

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Krom said:
Card Magnet said:
maxpower said:

Because he's just that good!

Even a juiced up Voltron with an illegal magic bat cannot stand up to the raw power and sexiness of Derek Jeter.

FIVE RINGS!!!!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
maxpower said:
Krom said:
maxpower said:

Derek Jeter is 5x the player that Willie Mays was. And infinity times better than Ernie Banks.
That shows 1/5 the intelligence we are used to on these boards.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
maxpower said:
Krom said:
Card Magnet said:
maxpower said:

Because he's just that good!

Even a juiced up Voltron with an illegal magic bat cannot stand up to the raw power and sexiness of Derek Jeter.

FIVE RINGS!!!!
Well of course not, his head, a leg, and an arm are all just dead weight. A juiced leg and worse-than-corked bat don't make up for that.

Members online