Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Los Angeles Angels Top 10 Prospect List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm guessing Chatwood's ranking will surprise some of you, considering how most of you figured Conger would be #2.

TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Mike Trout, of
2. Tyler Chatwood, rhp
3. Jean Segura, 2b
4. Hank Conger, c
5. Jordan Walden, rhp
6. Kaleb Cowart, 3b
7. Garrett Richards, rhp
8. Fabio Martinez, rhp
9. Mark Trumbo, 1b/of
10. Cam Bedrosian, rhp

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Mike Trout
Best Power Hitter Mark Trumbo
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Hank Conger
Fastest Baserunner Mike Trout
Best Athlete Mike Trout
Best Fastball Jordan Walden
Best Curveball Tyler Chatwood
Best Slider Fabio Martinez
Best Changeup Trevor Reckling
Best Control Tim Kiely
Best Defensive Catcher Alberto Rosario
Best Defensive Infielder Andrew Romine
Best Infield Arm Kaleb Corwart
Best Defensive Outfielder Mike Trout
Best Outfield Arm Angel Castillo

PROJECTED 2014
LINEUP
Catcher Hank Conger
First Base Kendry Morales
Second Base Jean Segura
Third Base Kaleb Cowart
Shortstop Erick Aybar
Left Field Mike Trout
Center Field Peter Bourjos
Right Field Torii Hunter
Designated Hitter Mark Trumbo
No. 1 Starter Jared Weaver
No. 2 Starter Dan Haren
No. 3 Starter Ervin Santana
No. 4 Starter Tyler Chatwood
No. 5 Starter Garrett Richards
Closer Jordan Walden

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Stryk said:
No Kendrick in 2014 lineup?
They are just waiting for someone else at second...anyone else it seems.

He's hitting close to 50 points lower than they hoped/expected he would in the majors and his fielding isn't good enough for the soft bat.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
NECpilgrims8 said:
Stryk said:

That shocks me as well.

He is slowly trending upwards as a top 2B in the MLB. If he can add some power numbers (to the already respectable totals), he is a great addition to another team.

Some walks would be nice too, 6th lowest BB rate among qualified hitters this year.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Codasco07 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Stryk said:

That shocks me as well.

He is slowly trending upwards as a top 2B in the MLB. If he can add some power numbers (to the already respectable totals), he is a great addition to another team.

Some walks would be nice too, 6th lowest BB rate among qualified hitters this year.

I absolutely agree with that. K:BB has taken a downturn. So has his AVG, although it was first full season back after stupid injuries.

The production numbers were up, so he needs to continue that while adding 5-10 more HR's. XBH totals were up as well, which has always been his forte.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
Nice to see Cowart and Bedrosian.

If anyone here has a BA account, on the prospect chat could you ask some questions for me?

1. Where do you think Cam Bedrosian best fits? In the bullpen or as a starter? He has a plus fastball but is being projected as a reliever. Also an ETA on when he'd be up in the pros.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
Wasn't expecting him to be in there. Just pointing out just how bad a year he had. I was honestly shocked last year when they had him so high. I like Richards and hope he has a solid season this year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I thought Grichuk would have made the top 10 after coming on strong at the end of 2010.

JAYPERS (IL): Has Grichuk's stock fallen at all since last year at this time? Where should we expect him to start off his 2011 season? Is he still in the top 20?

Matthew Eddy: A first-round pick in 2009, Grichuk just missed making the Top 10. The injuries (including a broken bone in his wrist that knocked him out for the playoffs) were a factor, but the biggest concern centers on how much he's going to hit. He swings and misses a lot, walks infrequently and missed valuable playing time this season. The power is potentially above-average, and he defends, runs and throws better than we initially gave him credit for (thanks to the other chatter who asked), but so much of his value is going to be predicated on hitting for power--and lots of it. The Angels may opt to take it slow in 2011, letting Grichuk find success in low Class A before promoting him.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
hail2thevictors said:
I am pretty surprised to not see Alexi Amarista-yet Jean Segura is #3.

segura has better tools across the board. amarista projects as a maicer izturis type utility player. he's probably in the top 15

Members online

Latest posts