Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Juan Uribe signs with the Dodgers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Just another reason for me to hate the Dodgers. The Giants dropped the ball big time on this one. He's definitely worth the 3 years 21MM the Dodgers gave him. He'll most likely play 2B for them. Damn this sucks.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
lisu said:
sad the Giants couldn't afford him, but I have a feeling that is a contract that might be a year too long. Good luck UUUUU.

IMO 7MM in 2013 would be worth it just to have him for the next 2 years. Especially since he can play multiple positions.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
kdailey4315 said:
lisu said:
sad the Giants couldn't afford him, but I have a feeling that is a contract that might be a year too long. Good luck UUUUU.

IMO 7MM in 2013 would be worth it just to have him for the next 2 years. Especially since he can play multiple positions.

I love him, and while he can play multiple positions - ideally, we wanted him at 3B. I think the Giants are looking to see where they can fill some needs from their minors which is great.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Might be in the minority here, but I do not like the deal for the Dodgers. Also do not like their strategy. Offering contracts to veterans like Uribe and not tying up guys like Kemp and Ethier. Thought the divorce was an issue, but if there is money to be spent you have to give Ethier, at least a long term contract.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Dang, I really wanted the Giants to re-sign him. They need him as an insurance for Pablo if he doesn't start hitting again, plus Uribe can play almost everywhere and hits 20+ HR a year. Now the Giants need to go after someone at SS and 3B, I don't trust Burris as an every day player.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
stevezimmer22 said:
Might be in the minority here, but I do not like the deal for the Dodgers. Also do not like their strategy. Offering contracts to veterans like Uribe and not tying up guys like Kemp and Ethier. Thought the divorce was an issue, but if there is money to be spent you have to give Ethier, at least a long term contract.

This

I think the deal sucks for LA

Overpaid bigtime for a career journeyman-platoon guy

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
ronfromfresno said:
Dang, I really wanted the Giants to re-sign him. They need him as an insurance for Pablo if he doesn't start hitting again, plus Uribe can play almost everywhere and hits 20+ HR a year. Now the Giants need to go after someone at SS and 3B, I don't trust Burris as an every day player.

Also, doesn't Mark DeRosa play 3rd base and SS also? I think the Giants will be fine. They're still looking at other options at SS and 3B.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
lisu said:
ronfromfresno said:

Also, doesn't Mark DeRosa play 3rd base and SS also? I think the Giants will be fine. They're still looking at other options at SS and 3B.

If we can get him signed I wouldn't mind trading for Jose Reyes. As long as Belt and Neal are not part of the deal. I suspect that Reyes might be a deadline deal next year though.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
kdailey4315 said:
lisu said:
ronfromfresno said:

If we can get him signed I wouldn't mind trading for Jose Reyes. As long as Belt and Neal are not part of the deal. I suspect that Reyes might be a deadline deal next year though.

DeRosa is still under contract for 2011.

On December 29, 2009, DeRosa signed a 2 year $12 million contract with the San Francisco Giants.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
lisu said:
ronfromfresno said:

True, but in what shape will DeRosa be back in? His numbers are similar to Uribe's, almost identical in the last full seasons for each player. I hope DeRosa returns strong, but the Giants need him in the OF. Even if Belt is ready midseason, Huff will be at 1B, a poor hitting Pablo at 3B, DeRosa in LF and Burris as SS or whomever they can get ahold of to start the season.

As for the Dodger fans disliking this deal I thought the same thing when the Giants signed him two seasons ago. But I was wrong, he's played well and almost always comes up HUGE when needed.

By the way, whay are the Dodgers trying to sign all of the Giants free agents? Hoping the World Series magic will rub off on the rest of the team? They tried to sign Huff and now signed Uribe, who's next Affeldt? :lol:

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
ronfromfresno said:
lisu said:
ronfromfresno said:

True, but in what shape will DeRosa be back in? His numbers are similar to Uribe's, almost identical in the last full seasons for each player. I hope DeRosa returns strong, but the Giants need him in the OF. Even if Belt is ready midseason, Huff will be at 1B, a poor hitting Pablo at 3B, DeRosa in LF and Burris as SS or whomever they can get ahold of to start the season.

As for the Dodger fans disliking this deal I thought the same thing when the Giants signed him two seasons ago. But I was wrong, he's played well and almost always comes up HUGE when needed.

By the way, whay are the Dodgers trying to sign all of the Giants free agents? Hoping the World Series magic will rub off on the rest of the team? They tried to sign Huff and now signed Uribe, who's next Affeldt? :lol:

We can use DeRosa in the outfield, but we will be ok. Huff can be moved to the outfield if Pablo can shape up or even Ishikawa might be given another shot. I'm not too worried. This is the Dodgers' legacy. They like to sign the Giants' leftovers like Jason Schmidt.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
HPC said:
stevezimmer22 said:

This

I think the deal sucks for LA

Overpaid bigtime for a career journeyman-platoon guy
The Dodgers for whatever reason seem to always pick up players from the Giants and overpay them. Other than Jeff Kent I can't remember any off the top of my head that have ever worked out, i.e. Schmidt, Tomko, and many others. Probably another year of underachieving to look forward to ::facepalm::

Members online