Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

James Harrison Appeals Fines....Denied.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Seeing that Harrison and his playing style (and subsequent stupidity to adapt it) has been somewhat of a hot topic here with some people, I figured I'd post this new article up.

His agent seems like a tool for the "that's a big word isn't it" line.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-appeals/
On a day when the NFL fined a pair of fighting players lighter than many expected, the league re-affirmed it’s stance against helmet-to-helmet hits.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the NFL rejected two appeals by Steelers linebacker James Harrison on fines totaling $95,000. The fines came from hits on Browns receiver Mohammad Massaquoi and Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

“They did not reduce it,” Harrison’s agent Bill Parise told Bouchette. “They said it was multiple occurrences and called it an egregious act — that’s a big word isn’t it?”
Parise may have another reason to get upset later this week. Harrison could face yet another fine after being penalized for a hit on Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick in which the officials said Harrison led with his helmet.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
That ******* had another helmet to helmet hit yesterday.

What does he not comprehend about not hitting other player's helmets with your helmet? Is he a bit mentally slow?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
JoshHamilton said:
That ******* had another helmet to helmet hit yesterday.

What does he not comprehend about not hitting other player's helmets with your helmet? Is he a bit mentally slow?
Perhaps his helmet-leading tackle style has actually made him mentally slow.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
I hope he never changes. It was a ******** call yesterday too. I agree with Sapp and Deion just a crap call.

BTW OF COURSE IT WAS DENIED. YOU APPEAL TO THE SAM ******* THAT ISSUES THE FINE ::facepalm::

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Ok I just read up on this clown. This is one of the dumbest human beings I've ever come across

His high school football ability was great, but his lack of maturity at times was a struggle. Harrison did not pay attention to his grades or college entrance tests, and by his senior year he had become disruptive to his football team. Early in his senior year, Coventry staff had to suspend him for two games for challenging an assistant coach to a fight. After he returned from his suspension, he was suspended for one game for making obscene gestures to the fans (supposedly they were yelling racial insults). Harrison was in court soon thereafter, after he shot a BB gun in the school locker room towards a defensive coach. He pled guilty to a minor charge and was able to return to school to finish his senior year. Due to his off-the-field issues, powerhouse football programs like Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Nebraska lost interest in him.

Teammate and fellow linebacker James Farrior later told NFL Network that Harrison was so green early on in his career that he would simply “give up” on plays he was struggling on and would even ask the coaches not to play him when he was struggling. Farrior said, "He was a knucklehead that didn't know the plays. We'd be in practice, in training camp, and he might not know what he doing so he'd just stop and throw his hands up and tell (the coaches) to get him out of there. We thought the guy was crazy."

Harrison elected not to visit the White House with the rest of the team after the Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII. Skipping the visit gained some media attention, as Harrison said that Barack Obama (who supported the Steelers in the game and considers his second favorite NFL team after his hometown team, Chicago Bears) would have invited the Arizona Cardinals had they won: "This is how I feel — if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he [Obama] would've invited Arizona if they had won." Harrison also skipped the team's visit after winning Super Bowl XL when George W. Bush was president.

Let's see

He's a thug
He's immature
He's lazy
He's mentally retarded
He's a disruption
He doesn't learn from his mistakes
He can't keep his cool
He's undisciplined

And the president thing means he just doesn't get it and he's an ignorant *******

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
He has a target on his back because of his previous actions, so that's why he continues to get penalties called on him, which is pure BS.

When have you ever heard of this penalty: Personal foul: landing on the QB with full body weight?????????????

NO, never heard of it? Guess what, Harrison got this "penalty" called on him during the Raiders game. They are searching for penalties and grasping at straws all at the same time, it's ridiculous.

And to fine AJ80 and Finnegan only 25k each is beyond ridiculous, but giving other players 50k+ fines for helmet to helmet hits is ok. Where do they come up with these fines??? How does someone commit an act severe enough to get ejected from the game, but end up with LESS of a fine than a 15 yard personal foul penalty???

I just don't get it.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
I didn't see the hit yesterday so I can't comment. However the hit on Brees was a joke to fine. It was not a penalty let alone fine worthy. I agree with the Browns ones. And I agree, keep playing the same way. You want defensive players who play the game with bad intentions. And I say this even though I dislike the guy and am not a Steelers fan in the least. I'd want him on my team in a heartbeat. The guy is a big time player.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
Ok I just read up on this clown. This is one of the dumbest human beings I've ever come across

His high school football ability was great, but his lack of maturity at times was a struggle. Harrison did not pay attention to his grades or college entrance tests, and by his senior year he had become disruptive to his football team. Early in his senior year, Coventry staff had to suspend him for two games for challenging an assistant coach to a fight. After he returned from his suspension, he was suspended for one game for making obscene gestures to the fans (supposedly they were yelling racial insults). Harrison was in court soon thereafter, after he shot a BB gun in the school locker room towards a defensive coach. He pled guilty to a minor charge and was able to return to school to finish his senior year. Due to his off-the-field issues, powerhouse football programs like Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Nebraska lost interest in him.

Teammate and fellow linebacker James Farrior later told NFL Network that Harrison was so green early on in his career that he would simply “give up” on plays he was struggling on and would even ask the coaches not to play him when he was struggling. Farrior said, "He was a knucklehead that didn't know the plays. We'd be in practice, in training camp, and he might not know what he doing so he'd just stop and throw his hands up and tell (the coaches) to get him out of there. We thought the guy was crazy."

Harrison elected not to visit the White House with the rest of the team after the Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII. Skipping the visit gained some media attention, as Harrison said that Barack Obama (who supported the Steelers in the game and considers his second favorite NFL team after his hometown team, Chicago Bears) would have invited the Arizona Cardinals had they won: "This is how I feel — if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he [Obama] would've invited Arizona if they had won." Harrison also skipped the team's visit after winning Super Bowl XL when George W. Bush was president.

Let's see

He's a thug
He's immature
He's lazy
He's mentally retarded
He's a disruption
He doesn't learn from his mistakes
He can't keep his cool
He's undisciplined

And the president thing means he just doesn't get it and he's an ignorant *******

This clown would start for every team out there :lol:

I guess when you wer reading you missed some crucial things

He is a award winning defensive player of the year
He has made one of the best Superbowl plays in history
He is a 3x pro bowler
he is a 2x All Pro
He is so lazy he was undrafted and worked his arse off to make in the league despite his size.
Thug comment does not even warrant a response.

Watch a film of Deacon Jones and most other all time greats. They would be suspended every other game under the watch of this clown commissioner in place now

I just hope James continues to do what he does.

I understand your point though considering you are a self proclaimed Steeler hater. :D

BTW who is your favorite NFL team I have never seen you mention it anywhere :cool:

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
lumm0x said:
I didn't see the hit yesterday so I can't comment. However the hit on Brees was a joke to fine. It was not a penalty let alone fine worthy. I agree with the Browns ones. And I agree, keep playing the same way. You want defensive players who play the game with bad intentions. And I say this even though I dislike the guy and am not a Steelers fan in the least. I'd want him on my team in a heartbeat. The guy is a big time player.

Here is the hit...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-290076

Pretty similar hit as the one on Cribbs. If the one on Cribbs was a fine, then this one should be too to remain consistent.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
He's a target.

Everyone bitching about him would LOVE to have him on their team.

I guess its ok to FIGHT in the NFL ($25K) but not make legal hits ($75k)

GODell is a piece of ****, and is ruining football...

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Do people honestly not realize by now that his fines come after a review? He's not being fined because the penalty was called, but because the video shows that he's still leading with his head. What we think of the rule is irrelevant...it's the rule now.

If the law is changed to limit how many deer you can bag during hunting season, the hunters adhere to it. If you always drive 65 down a road and the speed limit is now harshly enforced at 55, you start going 55. Really, the rules are the same, they're just being enforced more vigorously.

Regardless of Harrison's talent on the field, he is a complete moron both through his inability to adapt like countless others have, and because he is one ****** of a human off the field.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
^^ Says the cowgirl fan :lol: :lol: Any chance you get you post a steeler hate topic. :twisted:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
wheeler281 said:
^^ Says the cowgirl fan :lol: :lol: Anychance you get you post a steeler hate topic. :twisted:
Oh come on, it's not a Steelers hate topic. If I wanted to post a Steelers hate topic, I'd go sifting for something from the Bills game for a reason the Steelers won or enhancing something. If this were a guy on any other team, my words would be the same.

I am against the fact that the guy who imposes the fine is the one who gets to reject his appeal. Totally not fair for every aspect of their "legal system" to be through one man.

As to everyone saying about how much he is being fined as opposed to the AJ80 fight, Harrison is a repeat offender. If you violate the rules or the law, things get progressively worse with each additional infraction. If you can't learn from the $5000 fine, then you get 10,000, then you get 25, 000, etc.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Card Magnet said:
wheeler281 said:
^^ Says the cowgirl fan :lol: :lol: Anychance you get you post a steeler hate topic. :twisted:
Oh come on, it's not a Steelers hate topic. If I wanted to post a Steelers hate topic, I'd go sifting for something from the Bills game for a reason the Steelers won or enhancing something. If this were a guy on any other team, my words would be the same.

I am against the fact that the guy who imposes the fine is the one who gets to reject his appeal. Totally not fair for every aspect of their "legal system" to be through one man.

As to everyone saying about how much he is being fined as opposed to the AJ80 fight, Harrison is a repeat offender. If you violate the rules or the law, things get progressively worse with each additional infraction. If you can't learn from the $5000 fine, then you get 10,000, then you get 25, 000, etc.

Totally just messing with you. As far as repeat offender. FYI AJ was fined last year for ripping Cortlands facemask off

regardless I hope harrison never changes just keep on hitting brother

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
I have an idea, let's let James Harrison lead with the helmet and teach everyone else to do so to, knocking out all the QB's, Wr's etc and we can all enjoy MNF games like Colts-Jets with a matchup of Curtis Painter vs Kellen Clemens. That will really make people watch the game. The people don't want to see good defenses they want points, and the NFL is a business so they have to keep their stars on the field to keep the $$ coming in even if it makes the game softer.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
wheeler281 said:
Card Magnet said:
wheeler281 said:

Totally just messing with you. As far as repeat offender. FYI AJ was fined last year for ripping Cortlands facemask off

regardless I hope harrison never changes just keep on hitting brother
I totally forgot about AJ80 doing that last year. I'm sure it was Finnegan's fault then too :lol: .

Kind of thought you were messing, as you usually do whenever I post from PFT :lol: . Just have to keep it clear for everyone ;) .

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
Seiya said:
I have an idea, let's let James Harrison lead with the helmet and teach everyone else to do so to, knocking out all the QB's, Wr's etc and we can all enjoy MNF games like Colts-Jets with a matchup of Curtis Painter vs Kellen Clemens. That will really make people watch the game. The people don't want to see good defenses they want points, and the NFL is a business so they have to keep their stars on the field to keep the $$ coming in even if it makes the game softer.

Yep, at the expense of pussifying the game to the point it becomes soccer and no one gives a **** about it.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Do people honestly not realize by now that his fines come after a review? He's not being fined because the penalty was called, but because the video shows that he's still leading with his head. What we think of the rule is irrelevant...it's the rule now.

It's clear neither Steelers fans nor James Harrison are intelligent enough to understand this concept

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
JoshHamilton said:
Card Magnet said:

It's clear neither Steelers fans nor James Harrison are intelligent enough to understand this concept
I guess commentators on TV aren't intelligent either then, because several of them have said that recent penalties to Harrison are ridiculous.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
maybe james harrison and the steelers should worry about the actual games instead of needing stevie johnson to bail them out from a game that should never have been in OT in the first place

Members online

Latest posts