Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here's a fun Pujols 07 BC Red Refractor auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I don't get it. As if an auction for a red Pujols #/5 wouldn't go high enough, this guy thinks selling 2 will net him even bigger bucks? Is this seller trying to pass these off as some sort of rare error, having 2 cards numbered 1/5? To me, it only make me VERY suspicious that one or both is/are fake.

- R.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Someone here has something like two (2) whole sets of a player numbered 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 , its been documented that Topps produced two sets I believe.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Yeah I know we've seen this before, I guess I'm just surprised they're listed how they are. Can't blame the guy for trying to get the most out of them, I suppose. But I wouldn't think they should sell for anywhere near his list price. I understand the idea of listing high and hoping for a lower price, but I've always been turned off by sellers that start the auctions too high. If I see something I want that I think it worth $100 and see it listed for $1000, I won't even bother making an offer.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
uniquebaseballcards said:
Someone here has something like two (2) whole sets of a player numbered 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 , its been documented that Topps produced two sets I believe.
Alexei Cassilas had at least 7 produced, I had 7 Johan Santana ones and there have been other incidences of this as well.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think he's taking the same pricing strategy for all the Pujols cards he's listing.

As an aside, I saw someone call a card #d to the uniform # 'unimatch', I much prefer this tem than using the term '1/1' here.

Junior Griffey said:
Yeah I know we've seen this before, I guess I'm just surprised they're listed how they are. Can't blame the guy for trying to get the most out of them, I suppose. But I wouldn't think they should sell for anywhere near his list price. I understand the idea of listing high and hoping for a lower price, but I've always been turned off by sellers that start the auctions too high. If I see something I want that I think it worth $100 and see it listed for $1000, I won't even bother making an offer.

Members online

Latest posts