Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dear Cardinals, Please Sign...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Rafael Soriano
Jason Bartlett
Orlando Hudson

The Theroit trade was a terrible trade. We still have holes to fill.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Lol how was it bad?

A guy who could hit 1st, 2nd, 8th/9th and probably hit about .280 with a .340 OBP.

I know we gave up your boy Hawksworth, but there's no way we sign any of those guys. Can't sign Bartlett anyway, he's still TBs property.

I do like having Theriot though, because Brendan Ryan can come in in the 7th, replace Theriot, and Theriot can shift over to 2B.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Skorris CCBC said:
Lol how was it bad?

A guy who could hit 1st, 2nd, 8th/9th and probably hit about .280 with a .340 OBP.

I know we gave up your boy Hawksworth, but there's no way we sign any of those guys. Can't sign Bartlett anyway, he's still TBs property.

I do like having Theriot though, because Brendan Ryan can come in in the 7th, replace Theriot, and Theriot can shift over to 2B.

Brendan Ryan won't be in the organization if Theriot is the starting shortstop as Mo said would be the case. I do not like this. Theriot is marginally better than Ryan's true talent on offense but Ryan is leaps and bounds better defensively.

I still maintain a Mark Reynolds trade would be nice.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Codasco07 said:
Brendan Ryan won't be in the organization if Theriot is the starting shortstop as Mo said would be the case. I do not like this. Theriot is marginally better than Ryan's true talent on offense but Ryan is leaps and bounds better defensively.

This may be a stupid question but who is Mo?

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Reds in 2009 said:
Codasco07 said:

This may be a stupid question but who is Mo?
john-mozeliak-200aj071510.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Mo's Jocketty's successor.

I don't know what to think about this quite yet. Maybe The Riot can have a good season in St. Louis, but I really hope they are planning on doing much more than this.

Mack, you had some good points about the trade on my FaceBook.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I actually think this was a bad trade for the Cardinals.

As someone stated earlier, the difference between Theriot and Brendan Ryan offensively does not even come close to making up what Brendan Ryan brings to the table defensively.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
Skorris CCBC said:
Lol how was it bad?

That's what Mo said, but Tony just said there's an open competition for shortstop next year.

Brendan has very little value. If they traded him, they wouldn't get fair value.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
markakis8 said:
I actually think this was a bad trade for the Cardinals.

As someone stated earlier, the difference between Theriot and Brendan Ryan offensively does not even come close to making up what Brendan Ryan brings to the table defensively.

It wasn't a bad trade if Theriot is getting regular PT at 2B and utility IF. Hawksworth is terrible and the Cards have a deep bullpen + nice minor league reliefs arms. The trade is bad because Theriot isn't an upgrade from Brendan Ryan at SS.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
We gave up a middle reliever out of the seven returning guys we have for a decent hitting middle infielder that we desperately need.

Get Ryno's hitting on track, start Theriot at 2B, trade Skip for a prospect, and the Cards are a playoff caliber team again*.

* The above prediction is based on the big "ifs" that Brendan hits over .220, Colby Rasmus stops striking out, Colby Rasmus gets along with TLR, Jon Jay stays consistent, Jake Westbrook has an ERA under 4.00, Ryan Franklin doesn't blow up, Pujols and Holliday stay healthy, and Kyle Lohse actually pitches like an average or better #5 starter.

World Series or bust! lol

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Ryan Theriot is an extremely minor up-grade from Brendan Ryan and we all know Brendad Ryan sucks. Two teams have moved his worthless ass in
Less than a year, but he'll be our starting SS. Or whatever you call a platoon/middle infielder that is unfortunate enough to play for LaRussa.

This has nothing to do with Hawksworth as was stated earlier. In fact, I love the trade in regards to my Hawksworth stash! Perhaps he'll have a shot to be something in LA unlike being in STL under TLR.

If you are a Cardinals fan with half a brain you realize this trade means that very little will be done to fill the glaring holes that existed in 2010. How did 2010 taste? How will Albert leaving taste?

Current ownership sucks. Mo sucks. TLR sucks. Bud your Rosey Cardinal red glasses seem to work just fine...

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I guess I just don't see the problem.

Adding Theriot is just adding another piece for Tony to play with. He's a killer against lefties, perfect platoon at 2B & SS. Isn't as good of a fielder as Ryan, but better than Schumaker, and will probably hit about .280 with a .340 OBP. You're not losing anything with this deal.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Well this is the big move of the offseason huh ??
Might as well trade Rasmus and let Pujols walk or trade him if thats
the best they can do ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: :benson: :benson:

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
No one's saying it's the only deal they're going to make..

Strauss said to stay tuned, they're not done.

People complain when they don't make a move. All they did was add another player who fits the organization well.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Mack what I mean is the bullpen needs the most help they were atrocious last year
They need 2 or 3 strong relievers One of Theriot/Ryan/Schu wont make the team
I just don't see them making a bigger move sadly I hope I am wrong

Members online