Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seriously....Come on Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Seeing crap like this makes me think that instead of producing something so pathetic, why not just insert a redemption. Then when that redemption is sent in send out a card that has the whole signature, not two cut up pieces. And since it would be a redemption they wouldn't necessarily have to make it a regulation sized card, make it a little oversized however big that would need to be to have the autograph framed as a whole. In fact if would be pretty nice if they would just frame the whole document or whatever piece the auto was on. It would be sweet to have a whole framed contract and I think it would add more value. I know, too smart and obvious which is why they would probably never do it.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Rickzcards said:
Seeing crap like this makes me think that instead of producing something so pathetic, why not just insert a redemption. Then when that redemption is sent in send out a card that has the whole signature, not two cut up pieces. And since it would be a redemption they wouldn't necessarily have to make it a regulation sized card, make it a little oversized however big that would need to be to have the autograph framed as a whole. In fact if would be pretty nice if they would just frame the whole document or whatever piece the auto was on. It would be sweet to have a whole framed contract and I think it would add more value. I know, too smart and obvious which is why they would probably never do it.

Exactly.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
i'm not sure what is worse. the cut up card or the asking price for what the seller is wanting for it. i picked this one up a few years ago for about $100.

PSA_GeorgeSisler.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I've little issue with Topps cutting a $100 auto in half like they did. The card is still fun and carries meaning.

Half the ebay BINs are truly ridiculous to begin with!

mburgin said:
i'm not sure what is worse. the cut up card or the asking price for what the seller is wanting for it. i picked this one up a few years ago for about $100.

PSA_GeorgeSisler.jpg

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
Rickzcards said:

That is stupid, if you want cards, then buy packs of cards. If you want full sized documents and memorabilia then go to a store or auction house. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
afrobandit said:
Rickzcards said:

That is stupid, if you want cards, then buy packs of cards. If you want full sized documents and memorabilia then go to a store or auction house. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
What is more stupid, my idea or someone like you that is willing to accept such a pathetic effort on Topps behalf? Someone at Topps should have never let something like this get packed out. And I think it is a great idea to have the whole document in a framed card like the giant patch cards they put in A&G as opposed to ruining the whole thing by just cutting out the autograph part.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
STFU not all bats from 80+ years ago are in PERFECT CONDITION. BATS BREAK PEOPLE ESPECIALLY IN THE OLDEN DAYS. i would rather have this than no Mel Ott bat barrel at all.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
Rickzcards said:
afrobandit said:
Rickzcards said:

What is more stupid, my idea or someone like you that is willing to accept such a pathetic effort on Topps behalf? Someone at Topps should have never let something like this get packed out. And I think it is a great idea to have the whole document in a framed card like the giant patch cards they put in A&G as opposed to ruining the whole thing by just cutting out the autograph part.

Your idea is stupid. I really only consider the traditional bowman chrome card size to any other size. I think they are the only real cards excluding the things way back pre-war but those don't count. I like this. Like I said in the Mel Ott bat barrel thread, I would rather have this than no George Sisler auto at all if they couldn't get a smaller one in the foreseeable future.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
::facepalm:: Well when I pay that amount of money on a product. I don't want it to be half-assed done where you can see the flippin 2 sided tape they used. Thats fine if you want half-assed. But when you pay your hard earned money you don't want piece of shat. Or at least I don't. :lol: :lol:

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
afrobandit said:
Rickzcards said:
afrobandit said:
Rickzcards said:

Your idea is stupid. I really only consider the traditional bowman chrome card size to any other size. I think they are the only real cards excluding the things way back pre-war but those don't count. I like this. Like I said in the Mel Ott bat barrel thread, I would rather have this than no George Sisler auto at all if they couldn't get a smaller one in the foreseeable future.
I was only suggesting that my idea was a better more well thought out alternative to producing a piece of crap card such as the one the OP shown. You chose to go the other way. There is more to the hobby than what you want or think it should be. If you don't like it then don't buy collect such a thing if ever produced. The world and the hobby don't revolve around you and the hobby needs different ideas/innovations if it is to succeed. Narrow lines of thought are stupid and well..........

Members online