Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CARDS THAT YOU COULD NEVER BRING YOUR SELF TO SELL!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while and after having several offers on this card and no intent to sell got me thinking what would it take to sell it or if I ever would well after receiving some very generous offers I can honestly say that I can't bring my self to sell this card. Lets see some of the cards you couldn't let go of.
cobb.jpg

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Nice cuts! Had some serious offers on this card. It's hard for me to sell nice patch cards that I pulled myself.

2004SPGUPBWilliamsPatchAuto.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
For a while, I couldn't bring myself to sell anything. I finally jumped the bar and am giving away some cards today :D

As for non-base :D I have some cards of local players that are not going anywhere. I also have a bunch of freebies from board members from here and Topps that I am not going to let go. I will also never sell the finer points of my Robert Meachem stash, The base, inserts, and common parallels are probably going to be sold

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
This one...I pulled the redemption in 2001 and have had the card ever since as you can tell. I do not think that I will ever move this card.
Trust me I have thought about it and have even looked at offers, but honestly, I think it is going to stay with me forever.

IchiroBGS-2.jpg

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
There are some great cards in this thread already. Heres my choice and its the most beaten up so far!

SherryMagee.jpg
HinduRed.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I could never sell my 01 Ultimate Ichiro and my 06 Lester Orange auto. Might put my 04 EEE Hunter Pence signed bam bam on the list.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Because I would be laughed at so hard (and probably get beaten up) if I asked someone to actually pay money for this card. :lol:
[center:1pehmx9g]
001-1.jpg
[/center:1pehmx9g]

This photo is so wrong in so many ways.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I guess I couldn't justify keeping anything if it came down to it. Got a few dozen I really like but... bills gotta be paid :lol:

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I've always found that it is hardest to sell a card that you pulled out of a pack yourself- maybe it's some sort of emotional attachment to it, i'm not sure why.

First of all, the greatest Evan Longoria card that has ever been known to exist in the history of mankind, the biggest no-brainer hands down bestest that can be proved to exist Longoria card that has ever been seen by human eyes, hands down, a card you would even trade your grandmother for, and I challenge anyone to show me a more superior card of Longoria because it doesn't exist and your cards suck because they are not as supreme as my Longoria, hands down:

elrr.jpg

Next, I don't know why I just can't sell it. They told me to get rid of it as soon as I pulled it. If he does good, I want to keep it in case the Falcons can somehow pull the whole thing off. If he does bad, I want to keep it just in case one day the Falcons can somehow pull it off. I am still bitter for selling my Brady contenders championship ticket auto when everyone wrote him off, so I just gotta hold on to this, unless maybe he gets to insane Brady prices one day. Maybe not. I kind like those dirty birds.

mrexquisite.jpg

And lastly, I just can't get rid of this thing. As soon as I pulled it, these guys go from being the most popular guys in the world to becoming the most hated athletes in all of sports. I've tried giving it to a homeless guy near my office, and he declined, and spat in my face. Goodwill refused to be associated with them. And when I tried to flush it down the toilet, it backed up, and spit it back out. Oh well, maybe one they will be loved again.

exqtwlj.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
brouthercard said:
I've always found that it is hardest to sell a card that you pulled out of a pack yourself- maybe it's some sort of emotional attachment to it, i'm not sure why.

First of all, the greatest Evan Longoria card that has ever been known to exist in the history of mankind, the biggest no-brainer hands down bestest that can be proved to exist Longoria card that has ever been seen by human eyes, hands down, a card you would even trade your grandmother for, and I challenge anyone to show me a more superior card of Longoria because it doesn't exist and your cards suck because they are not as supreme as my Longoria, hands down:

elrr.jpg

Next, I don't know why I just can't sell it. They told me to get rid of it as soon as I pulled it. If he does good, I want to keep it in case the Falcons can somehow pull the whole thing off. If he does bad, I want to keep it just in case one day the Falcons can somehow pull it off. I am still bitter for selling my Brady contenders championship ticket auto when everyone wrote him off, so I just gotta hold on to this, unless maybe he gets to insane Brady prices one day. Maybe not. I kind like those dirty birds.

mrexquisite.jpg

And lastly, I just can't get rid of this thing. As soon as I pulled it, these guys go from being the most popular guys in the world to becoming the most hated athletes in all of sports. I've tried giving it to a homeless guy near my office, and he declined, and spat in my face. Goodwill refused to be associated with them. And when I tried to flush it down the toilet, it backed up, and spit it back out. Oh well, maybe one they will be loved again.

exqtwlj.jpg
Did you say you pulled the Longo? That card is more beautiful that words can describe. I have never seen one for sale. On the last one that is also an amazing card to have pulled and deff. worth keeping. Its as nice a dual auto thats ever been created (am i am not really into Basketball).
Edit - i love this part "I challenge anyone to show me a more superior card of Longoria because it doesn't exist and your cards suck because they are not as supreme as my Longoria, hands down" sarcasm or not thats good stuff.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I've sold my most expensive, pull of a lifetime with ease.

And I currently own two cards that I would never sell...
- 1940 Syracuse Chiefs Dick Porter MGR promotional card
- 2009 Mystery Cuts Dick Porter autograph 1/1

The 1940 is untouchable, as I've only seen one other copy and it was used as a postcard, mine is spotless and bought it on eBay for a whopping $5 shipped about 10 years ago. I was offered by an oddball collector $300 for it about two weeks later...I obviously refused.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Krom - yah, I pulled it the day Longo got called up to the bigs - April 12th, 2008, and it was a Saturday. Incredible coincidence that it happened that day. I pulled it in the morning, and I find out a couple hours later he's going to start that night.

And, uh, yah, uh I was being sarcastic, since you mention it. I would never think about needing to call something the greatest ever hands down cause frankly, things like that can speak for itself.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
brouthercard said:
Krom - yah, I pulled it the day Longo got called up to the bigs - April 12th, 2008, and it was a Saturday. Incredible coincidence that it happened that day. I pulled it in the morning, and I find out a couple hours later he's going to start that night.

And, uh, yah, uh I was being sarcastic, since you mention it. I would never think about needing to call something the greatest ever hands down cause frankly, things like that can speak for itself.
Cool, thats even more badass. I pulled a 2009 Cuts Jeter auto /45 the day after he broke the Yankees hit record so i have a slight idea but on a much smaller scale. Thats a huge pull.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts