Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever lose a card on eBay that went WAY higher than it should

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

go_tribe

Aug 15, 2008
buffalo
pretty nice card, but not worth anything close to what it ended at. I lost a Carmona patch /5 that ended way over what I thought it was worth today as well.....

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Yes. All the time. Well, at least when a card I need pops up which isn't very often. I've resorted to having to put an outrageously high bid in just to make sure I was covered, hoping that someone else didn't put in an outrageously high bid just under mine! It's frustrating when you think you got it with a silly high bid and then get outbid!! :eek:

weegee

Aug 30, 2008
Maine
Ii once saw a card on ebay a few years ago, It was a 2004 Red Sox Chip and it went for $52. Then about a month later I saw one go for $150 I think. I was lucky and got mine for $12.00 and a second for $16.00 the first one I got was a psa 9.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Happened to me the other day. Was looking to pick up a Bay 1/1 auto, and some one just got one from the same set for like $30. I put in a bid of $67.50 and some idiot dealer sniped me just so he could flip it. Grrrrrrrrr.

Art

rdg00001

Nov 11, 2008
United States
I put a $150 snipe out on a 2007 sweet spot classic GU of Harold Baines (it was 1 of the SPs) and got out-bid at $155. Needless to say I was pretty shocked. Luckily, another one popped up about a month later and I ended up getting it for about half that price :)

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
unfortunately, happens all the time.....all it takes is that one other fool to make the price jump significantly....

dave

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
It happens more so with the snipe. Just as the poster though a snipe of $75 will do it, someone else figured they would snipe higher.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
wideright said:
Yes. All the time. Well, at least when a card I need pops up which isn't very often. I've resorted to having to put an outrageously high bid in just to make sure I was covered, hoping that someone else didn't put in an outrageously high bid just under mine! It's frustrating when you think you got it with a silly high bid and then get outbid!! :eek:

You mean, like my bid of 180 on a gary carter immortal, only to be outbid????

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
jpcz said:
wideright said:

You mean, like my bid of 180 on a gary carter immortal, only to be outbid????

Exactly! :evil: No way that card should have gone that high.

robboshow

Aug 7, 2008
Western Maryland
All the time. The most notable times were with this card:
burgesssmokybat-1.jpg
2002 Topps Super Teams Relics

These never appear. Two popped up within a week of each other last year. The first went for over $200, the second for over $150 (Book value is $15). I finally got mine when I saw one a few minutes after it was listed and offered twice BV for the seller to end it early.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Sorry Prozac. You still have some monster V-Mart cards though. man. This will take a very small chip out of that beast ass collection. There are other cards in the sea my man!

Members online

Latest posts