Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ted Williams Upper Deck Auto HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
Hey guys recently I had won this Ted Williams UDA signed card, while I was searching I saw two or three other auctions for the same card but they had been hand numbered differently then this one. Anyway to the point is there any chance this card sports a fake signature? Anybody with knowledge on these cards please help

Auction I Won:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3646wt_974

Similar Auctions Same Card

http://cgi.ebay.com/L-K-UDA-TED-WILLIAM ... 2254wt_905

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-UDA-Ted-Willia ... 500wt_1156

Help me out guys, just want to get a real Teddy Ballgame signature

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I got this one for about $250 a few years ago. It looks pretty good to me

cd_1_sbl.jpg

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
heres my ted williams ud auto..the T and W looks off on your card...also the fact that it has no uda sticker on the back is a red light

teddy.jpg

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
As someone who has been to the seller's store a couple times, I have found a couple deals from him. However, that was for cards that aren't as obvious as a ted williams auto. I would never expect him to sell a ted williams auto for less than market value. The guy also talks like an a-hole and even tried to tell me how to hold a card raw. I feel he was wrong to do so and he responded by saying that he "does this for a living." ::facepalm::

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
bear0555 said:
The guy also talks like an a-hole and even tried to tell me how to hold a card raw. I feel he was wrong to do so and he responded by saying that he "does this for a living." ::facepalm::

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
TJ Schwartz is an honest seller. I've purchased from him in the past, he stands behind his products. And the card you bought is a good card.

There is no hologram on back because there are TWO cards, one is signed, one not, both in the same holder. The bottom card does not have the hologram because it is not signed. The top one, if a pic was shown of it flipped over, would have a UDA hologram on back.

As far as the numbering, if you are referring to the handwriting, I would venture a guess that a couple of different people did the numbering on the cards. That's a lot of numbering for one person to do, I don't think it would be unreasonable for a second person to take on part of the responsibility.

I think once you get it in hand, you will find the hologram on the signed card and the hologram number will match the COA number. In my opinion you have a 100% legit Ted Williams autograph there. Nice buy!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Tedw9 said:
TJ Schwartz is an honest seller. I've purchased from him in the past, he stands behind his products. And the card you bought is a good card.

There is no hologram on back because there are TWO cards, one is signed, one not, both in the same holder. The bottom card does not have the hologram because it is not signed. The top one, if a pic was shown of it flipped over, would have a UDA hologram on back.

As far as the numbering, if you are referring to the handwriting, I would venture a guess that a couple of different people did the numbering on the cards. That's a lot of numbering for one person to do, I don't think it would be unreasonable for a second person to take on part of the responsibility.

I think once you get it in hand, you will find the hologram on the signed card and the hologram number will match the COA number. In my opinion you have a 100% legit Ted Williams autograph there. Nice buy!

......well said!!

Here is mine for comparison (which is somewhat faded, which is the way it was when I purchased it)-

[center:2nzx6po7]94UpperDeckWilliamsAuto.jpg94UpperDeckWilliamsAuto2.jpg[/center:2nzx6po7]

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I am confident that this card is authentic. Signature is mid 90's era signature and numbering on this release was NOT consistent.
TJ is a completely stand-up guy who I have known for 20+ years... BG

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Not really sure if I can help other than to show you my copy of that card:

Williams-Heros-Auto.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Jeff D said:
Not really sure if I can help other than to show you my copy of that card:

Williams-Heros-Auto.jpg

....much brighter than mine- very nice bold signature. Mine was clearly displayed out in the open at some point and the ink faded a bit and/or it's a different colored pen.

Members online

Latest posts