Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LIVE: OC SportsCards resolving an issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I wish I could say good things so far . . .

Orange County Sports Cards - during Black Friday, I tried to buy a plethora of product; the site gave errors and I was given information by their liason here to empty my cart. I did, and couldn't repurchase everything. I spoke with Bruce on Monday via phone and he honored all of my requests at the Black Friday prices.

I bought an extra box at regular pricing to get over the $150 hurdle and spent a little over $200 for free postage.

In the order was a box of Topps Chrome baseball (everything was basbeall), 2 Topps Updates, 1 Topps Update Jumbo, and 2 Bowman Chromes.

I was planning on using some of the packs in goody bags as my son's birthday party is tomorrow night (sleepover, hten going to the baseball field for a HR derby), and a few boxes for my son's presents.

I got the box today, after tracking it all week. I opened it up and saw two basketball blasters on top... Okay... I guess there are bonuses or something.

Then I saw a box of National Chicle (!)... then a Box of Pro Debut Series 2... and a box of Topps Chrome (which I did order).

So, I've got a call into Cathy, who is researching this, and will tell me how she can rectify things.

We'll see. This is a true test of their customer service.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
The same thing happened to me a couple years ago from Dave and Adam's Card World.

I ordered a box or two of baseball product, and received a package for Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
Wow that sucks. I was watching their specials on Black Friday, and was close to purchasing some (CA tax was main reason against it). I really hope they can fix their screw up, and do you right. Good Luck and keep us posted.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Let us know how it works out Jeff.

While I didn't order from OC Sports, I opted for free ground shipping on my Black Friday orders from D&A and Blowout. And, being on the west coast, that means everything from Blowout is due today and D&A is due after this weekend. I just hope that after this wait all my orders are packaged correctly!

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
frzg said:
I had errors checking out so I posted messages asking for their help so I could check out.

3 messages no response. Finally I pm'ed them, it was read 7 days ago and never responded.

Really disappointed in their lack of customer service so far.

Same thing happened to me, except the pm part. Wasted a couple hours checking back and forth. :?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I hope they work it out for your sake and there sake

Sounds like they were overwhelmed and got sloppy

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Spoke with Cathy. She indicated that they could resend everything 2 day air today and it would get here on Tuesday, and she'd throw something else in. I guess that's all that can be done, and she'd give me a UPS label for the other stuff. Mistakes happen.

We agreed that would keep the box of Chrome since I did order that and she'd take it out of the other order.

So, I opened it.

Not a kick in the junk, I must say.

topps.jpg

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Spoke with Cathy. She indicated that they could resend everything 2 day air today and it would get here on Tuesday, and she'd throw something else in. I guess that's all that can be done, and she'd give me a UPS label for the other stuff.

We agreed that would keep the box of Chrome since I did order that and she'd take it out of the other order.

So, I opened it.

topps.jpg

That helps

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Spoke with Cathy. She indicated that they could resend everything 2 day air today and it would get here on Tuesday, and she'd throw something else in. I guess that's all that can be done, and she'd give me a UPS label for the other stuff.

So, I opened it.

topps.jpg

Sweet is that Stanton for trade?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
JoshHamilton said:
Jeff N. said:

So, I opened it.

topps.jpg

Sweet is that Stanton for trade?

PM me. Phillies only...otherwise Mr. Stanton goes to our friends in Texas, gets a nice cozy plastic home, then to the bay with him.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
drewdaddy42 said:
Jeff, bummer those items won't be there for the bday party, but rest assured Cathy/Bruce will take care of it. BTW nice pull

Like I said, mistakes happen. Not the end of the world. Everything has been handled professionally so far.

Kidmikey

Oct 30, 2010
Sorry to hear about your mix-up, but I do want to say that my 6 box black Friday order with Orange County came in as ordered and being on the West Coast i received them on Wednesday which was really nice. My ground orders from Dave/Adam and Blowout aren't due until Monday.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
unless they throw more stuff in the new box they're sending, bad job by them.

it wasnt like they left something out, the totally f'd up your order and have missed the deadline for the party.

at the VERY least, that Topps Chrome Box (they arent worth much anyway) should be FREE, not subtracted from what they are sending.

i realize that mistakes happen. but this wasnt a little boo-boo, it was a major mess.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
She did offer me the two basketball blasters... but I don't do basketball, so I said no.

A little disconcerting; I received an email and tracking number indicating 3 day shipping, when I was promised on the phone 2 day shipping.

We'll see.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
we are learning why they are not one of the top online vendors.
sure they pummped the hell out of Black Friday with their employee
doing a swell job here last week, but still seem a distant third on the list
of modern sellers

Members online

Latest posts