Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official FCB Auction Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Yet another ebay contest.

Here's how this works.

You take an autographed baseball card (pack pulled auto) from 2010 and list it on ebay starting at .01 and free shipping. The auction must be in the proper category with everything spelled correctly in the listing, and it must have a clear and proper picture. Card must also be pictured in reasonable raw card condition. The proper keywords must also be added. The auction must run for 7 days. The deadline for your auction to end is Friday December 17th 2010.

You post a link to your card in this thread.

The LOWEST ending price wins $50, in the event of a tie we will random number between the winners.

Simple. Hilarious. Should be very entertaining.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Official FCB BIN Contest

I'll give it a shot.

[ebay:p6oo7sj9]110619963881[/ebay:p6oo7sj9]

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008

Jaypers said:
I'll give it a shot.

[ebay:17hdyhjw]120655710634[/ebay:17hdyhjw]
You have WAY too many things spelled correctly. LOL

I wish I had a 2010 auto that I didn't want. Thanks for the contest though!

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008

That's a pretty creative idea.
Didn't open too much this year, so I'll have to double check if I pulled anything that is virtually worthless.

Wonder how long it will be before members start bidding up eachother's auctions to try to win . :lol:

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008

cgilmo said:
i am amending the rules based on the first few entries

Check the rules to see if yours qualifies.

Maybe you should add something condition related as well.
Beyond the other things people said, that was the other thing that first went through my head - if you really want no one to bid on the card you just have to draw on it or bend it in half or something.
Granted not every card is gem out of the pack...but there should probably be something about tampering with the card or extensive damage causing it to not qualify.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

cgilmo said:

Revisions made to initial post.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca

rymflaherty said:
cgilmo said:

Maybe you should add something condition related as well.
Beyond the other things people said, that was the other thing that first went through my head - if you really want no one to bid on the card you just have to draw on it or bend it in half or something.
Granted not every card is gem out of the pack...but there should probably be something about tampering with the card or extensive damage causing it to not qualify.

Agreed and shill bidding on anothers auction should be mentioned. Keep it clean guys.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008

Title of this thread should be "Official FCB Auction Contest". ;)

Your revised rules certainly cut out a lot of the "creativity" that was running through my head. :lol:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

carlitoson said:
Title of this thread should be "Official FCB Auction Contest". ;)

Your revised rules certainly cut out a lot of the "creativity" that was running through my head. :lol:

yeah, but if you are allowed to damage a card, lots of people would tie

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Erich said:
I really think you need to add something about running up the price on somebody else's card so that person can win the $

I dunno....personally I think it makes it a more intriguing contest.
To me it would only be a problem if someone bids on all the auctions with no intention to pay.
As long as they pay, I wouldn't see the problem....like I said it puts a strategic element into it...plus if there's enough entries - It probably won't even end up making sense to bid on everyone's when there's no guarantee you'll win.

Members online

No members online now.