Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Warning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
http://shop.ebay.com/cb13714/m.html?_tr ... op=1&_sc=1

My transaction went fine. I ordered it on Nov. 30 and it arrived today, Dec. 3. The card was in a toploader, wrapped inside the order sheet along with a piece of cardboard.

What more could I ask for! Well, a penny sleeve would be nice.

Looking at the scans closely you can see that there is not penny sleeves. My card arrived fine, I was careful when taking it out of the toaploader, but remember, there isnt anything protecting the surface during shipping.

Just giving a heads up!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
sheetskout said:
This happens all the time.

At least for me it does.

I guess I dont get around on eBay enough. ;)

I know I wouldn't be happy if I bought the $120 card he sold and it came scratched because he didn't buy a penny sleeve.

You would think if you are going to take all taht time to package a card you yould use a penny sleeve.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
and you thought THIS was thread-worthy :lol: You got your card, securely packaged BTW, and you still feel the need to call the seller out....all because he didn't include a penny sleeve ::facepalm::

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
sigma_chi said:
and you thought THIS was thread-worthy :lol: You got your card, securely packaged BTW, and you still feel the need to call the seller out....all because he didn't include a penny sleeve ::facepalm::

+1

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I thought it was threadworthy because its a seller that is selling high end cards in (what seem to be used) toploaders without pennysleeves.

These 2010 Chrome cards have a wicked bend to them, a little piece of dirt in there any you will likely end up with an indented scratched card.

I would rather that the seller sent it the exact same but with a penny sleeve instead of the toploader. I dont need to worry about penny sleeves scratching my cards.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I have to agree with the OP.

YES- his card came unscathed, but what's to say the person that bought the $120 card didn't get a scratched card.

He just said use caution.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
sigma_chi said:

And if the card was damaged you wouldn't care? Stop it we get it, you believe you should pay for one thing and get another all to stick it to the "man". If you are to cheap to buy a bubble mailer top loader and a penny sleeve you SHOULDNT be selling on ebay.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
tonsofcommons said:
I have to agree with the OP.

YES- his card came unscathed, but what's to say the person that bought the $120 card didn't get a scratched card.

He just said use caution.

agreed

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Gonzaleznut said:
sigma_chi said:

+1

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
People are idiots. Seriously, who the **** puts cards in top loaders w/o penny sleeves. For these sellers, I give them 3s on shipping instead of 5 because they're too cheap or stupid to pay an extra cent for a sleeve.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
bear0555 said:
People are idiots. Seriously, who the frack puts cards in top loaders w/o penny sleeves. For these sellers, I give them 3s on shipping instead of 5 because they're too cheap or stupid to pay an extra cent for a sleeve.

Maybe they're out of penny sleeves and instead of wanting to take a day or two to go to the store and get them, and possibly receive a 2 or 3 on shipping because if you buy a card on Monday YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT ON WEDNESDAY, they shipped without the penny sleeve.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Here is an eBay warning. Potential block list bidders.

This guy filed a not received complaint after DC showed his package delivered: dylanfranklinthechamp

This guy didn't pay so I opened a case. I was then paid but a charge back was initiated before the card was even delivered: dbz-dbay

I've had a myriad of issues in the last month. Perhaps more than the last couple years combined.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Jeff N. said:
bear0555 said:
People are idiots. Seriously, who the frack puts cards in top loaders w/o penny sleeves. For these sellers, I give them 3s on shipping instead of 5 because they're too cheap or stupid to pay an extra cent for a sleeve.

Maybe they're out of penny sleeves and instead of wanting to take a day or two to go to the store and get them, and possibly receive a 2 or 3 on shipping because if you buy a card on Monday YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT ON WEDNESDAY, they shipped without the penny sleeve.

Which would be a result of lack of responsibility. It's not like they can't wait a couple days before listing items for sale. I wouldn't even dare put a raw card into a top loader w/o a sleeve and it certainly makes me mad when I have to take a card out.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
The card was pictured in the auction in a toploader without a penny sleeve. However, that is not something that I (used to) look for in auctions. I figured, "if it's in a toploader, it's in a penny sleeve," as I thought everyone had the sense to do that nowadays.

The card I won was a red ref #/5. It is of a low end guy so I figure that I may never see one agian, and if I do it will probably have a $99 bin.

However, I'm not going to bid on any cards from this seller that I know I can get somewhere else for the same price. Why risk it?

I guess some of you don't care. Go out and buy all of this sellers cards because "one of them made it there okay."

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I'm sorry, but if you even "dabble" in cards, you can FIND 1 penny sleeve. I have COMMONS that are in penny sleeves.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
f2tornado said:
Here is an eBay warning. Potential block list bidders.

This guy filed a not received complaint after DC showed his package delivered: dylanfranklinthechamp

This guy didn't pay so I opened a case. I was then paid but a charge back was initiated before the card was even delivered: dbz-dbay

I've had a myriad of issues in the last month. Perhaps more than the last couple years combined.

I just opened a case on this guy for non payment. It's been 2 weeks today on a $4 card, yet he's been buying and paying for other stuff since then.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
bear0555 said:

No one selling cards could ever not have a top loader. All he had to do is take another card out of a top loader and put it on the one that sold. There is no excuse for it no matter what kind of foolish excuses come to mind. If you collect or sell cards you cant possibly not have one.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
I love when people post a comment and try to make the OP look silly and then get made to look even goofier than they were trying to make the OP look. wah wah what???

Members online