Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4 packs 09 Bowman Draft retail; 5 2010 BC retail packs: HITS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
What can one expect at Target for retail hits? I didn't know...

Thought I'd see if they had any rack packs of 2010 Bowman, and they did-- lots of nice green Xfractor hits: Sanchez, Chapman, Archer, Castro, and more.

But it was the "extra" packs that yielded the excitement....

I saw 5 leftover 09 Bowman Draft retail packs sitting in a football box and so I grabbed 4 of them. Having traded away my Mitchell and White ref au this afternoon, right before I went to Target, prob led me to buy them. So...

First two packs: crap. Third pack I saw a white border in the middle and knew it was a good one. To my surprise it was a Jared Mitchell Xfractor auto /225! Wow. Wicked cool looking card and appears gem. See link for pics in bucket. I was pumped. Books at $60. 4th pack, Chacin chrome RC.

Then the 2010 Bowman loose retail packs...

1st pack: Arodys Vizcaino orange ref /25 !! Wow was I stoked. Sweet card. See link.
2nd pack: Feliz blue ref /150 and Josh Hamilton ref /500. Feliz card is sweet.
3rd pack: Kyle Gibson chrome auto and a Pedroia ref /500. So cool.

I was beaming. I don't even know what came in the 4th and 5th. I was too excited about these hits.

Had to share. Target served me well today.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
markakis8 said:
wait, refractors #'d/500? since when are they #'d/500?

Beckett has them listed as that. I went to add the Denard Span to my checklist and I go to beckett. Not sure why they have the regular refractors labeled as numbered..

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
TGutta said:
markakis8 said:

Beckett has them listed as that. I went to add the Denard Span to my checklist and I go to beckett. Not sure why they have the regular refractors labeled as numbered..

I saw that too when I was compiling my Zobrist list yesterday and chalked it up to a Beckett error but he is saying he pulled a Hamilton and Pedroia #'d/500...

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
markakis8 said:
TGutta said:
markakis8 said:

I saw that too when I was compiling my Zobrist list yesterday and chalked it up to a Beckett error but he is saying he pulled a Hamilton and Pedroia #'d/500...

Interesting.. I haven't heard of any of them being #'d before..

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
markakis8 said:
TGutta said:
markakis8 said:

just the print run # according to Beckett; not stamped on card...

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
bmp1971 said:

Thought I'd see if they had any rack packs of 2010 Bowman, and they did-- lots of nice green Xfractor hits: Sanchez, Chapman, Archer, Castro, and more.

I saw 5 leftover 09 Bowman Draft retail packs sitting in a football box and so I grabbed 4 of them. Having traded away my Mitchell and White ref au this afternoon, right before I went to Target, prob led me to buy them. So...

First two packs: crap. Third pack I saw a white border in the middle and knew it was a good one. To my surprise it was a Jared Mitchell Xfractor auto /225! Wow. Wicked cool looking card and appears gem. See link for pics in bucket. I was pumped. Books at $60. 4th pack, Chacin chrome RC.

1st pack: Arodys Vizcaino orange ref /25 !! Wow was I stoked. Sweet card. See link.

I was beaming. I don't even know what came in the 4th and 5th. I was too excited about these hits.

Yeah, the refractors are easy to find this year. How many boxes did you search for those 2010 Bowman Chromes? Your store must have been loaded.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
plainwhitejerseys said:
bmp1971 said:

Yeah, the refractors are easy to find this year. How many boxes did you search for those 2010 Bowman Chromes? Your store must have been loaded.

It's nice that you only come out of your hole to post every few weeks. The place is so much nicer when your sitting in your ******-bunker somewhere, closed off from the world...

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
hive17 said:
plainwhitejerseys said:
bmp1971 said:

It's nice that you only come out of your hole to post every few weeks. The place is so much nicer when your sitting in your ******-bunker somewhere, closed off from the world...

It's nice that you only post to personally attack me. So classy.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
plainwhitejerseys said:
bmp1971 said:

they had one retail box, half full; I just bought five packs @ $2.99/pack; they had about 7 rack packs I think

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
plainwhitejerseys said:
hive17 said:
plainwhitejerseys said:
bmp1971 said:

It's nice that you only post to personally attack me. So classy.

I bet maybe, just maybe, I could find a post of mine that has nothing to do with you. Way to accuse someone of pack-searching for no reason. Again. Why don't you try mis-applying Ocham's Razor again.. ::facepalm::

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
ffgameman said:
Retail is beginning to yield a higher quantity of decent hits. Nice pulling!

I'm thinking to try another Target for a few retail packs tonight...just for fun. Who knows, maybe a red ref au of Chapman? HAHAHA

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
archiebunkerjr said:
You should go buy a lottery ticket. You did well.

I'm thinking to try a blaster or two from the same Target tonight. Maybe they got a hot shipment? What do you think? I doubt the few remaining retail packs from the same box I pulled the Vizcaino et all from would yield much more.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
so I bought the last pack of 09 BDP retail. what do you think? good or bad? hit or not?

hit....

not huge, but purple ref of Tommy Hanson RC. Not bad for $2.99 :)

Members online