Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to Do if Kelly and Rizzo Go to Prospect Hell?

Casey Kelly & Anthony Rizzo?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
According to reports, these two are likely headed to Hell, aka San Diego.

So, what should be done with their cards - hold or sell?

Vote.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
baseballguy350 said:
Hold Kelly, Sell Rizzo.

I think Kelly *COULD* transcend San Diego, pitching in the NL West, and pitching in a pitcher's park.

Also, they both will now likely make the bigs at a much quicker rate.

What say you, Jaypers?

Not sure yet, which is why I started the poll.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
bballcardkid said:
Another option could be sit in a fetal position crying deeply, as that's what I'll probably do. jk

Now you know how I felt about Maybin.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Ill be happy to take Kellys cards I have been waiting to do so and if this happens itwill be a good time to pick some up

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
I offered $80 on the blue ref 9.5 on ebay.....and the seller countered $82!!! Phew! This is why I try to stay away from guys who are selling at a premium b/c of ny/boston...except Montero of course :)!!!

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
baseballguy350 said:
mwashuc06 said:
Have fun selling off those Rizzo chrome autos for 5 now.

I think 99.9% of the people on this board would be buyers at $5. I didn't realize his 30HR potential was only valid if he played in Boston.

Agreed....Rizzo is still a solid prospect and I have a few chrome autos and a ref chrome auto...I would personally sell if you can still get $15 for the chromes and $20 for the refs, but I definitely wouldn't buy unless he drops to $7 - $8 DLVD a chrome auto...I would still hold onto a few b/c he's still a good player with a decent story....Not the next Jon Lester though :(

Funny Jaypers, I just pm'd you about this guy

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I would celebrate if I was a Red Sox fan. I don't think either of these guys are as good as advertized. I like Kelly over Rizzo, but still think he is overhyped as well. I would try to get out of them every penny I could. The other side of the coin is that you will likely see a much quicker debut if they are traded to SD!

skrip

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I say hold Kelly, sell Rizzo.

Casey is a close friend, and it kinda suck that his life just got flipped upsidedown. He'll have more of an opening for a job in SD.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
mwashuc06 said:
Have fun selling off those Rizzo chrome autos for 5 now.
Just like the Ellsbury selling for under 20? I don't know enough about Rizzo but you comment about Jacoby was not very accurate.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have a pretty big Kelly stash, but not really as an investment at the end, it was just he was genuinely one of the nicest players I have ever met at the Gillian's event last year. He should be interesting to see in the NL, especially if he can hit a lick he could get a good deal of publicity.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
YES! NO Jose Iglesias...the prospector God's must be smiling down on me! WOWWWWWWWWWW! :D

I have a grand total of 1 Kelly, 0 Rizzo and 2 Fuentes cards!

Latest posts