Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to do w/ my Starting Lineups figures (still packaged)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
We are packing up a lot of things today for a move in the near future and I came across my old Starting Lineup figures. I have 3 from the 1989 Edition: Frank Viola, Dwight Gooden, and Darryl Strawberry. The Viola and the Gooden still look good other than being 20+ years old and the adhesive holding the plastic to the cardboard looks dingy. The Strawberry has a piece of the backing torn due to tape.

I also have a 1988 Akeem Olajuwon that has a piece torn on the back due to tape as well.

Is it worth trying to sell these on eBay due to player collectors? I'm not going to throw them away, but if I am going to sell them, I'd rather them go to a player collector on FCB.

Any thoughts on these?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The 88 is likely the most valuable since I believe it was the first series produced. the 89s do not sell for much but I pick ryans up when I can get them for less than $10 shipped (which doesn't happen often since shipping is high on these)

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
If they're in Mets uni's I might be interested - honestly, I probably won't be willing to give much for them but I like to toss them up at my desk at work.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
JEA2880 said:
If they're in Mets uni's I might be interested - honestly, I probably won't be willing to give much for them but I like to toss them up at my desk at work.

Gooden and Strawberry are. Viola was with the Twins.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
tommyfro21 said:
JEA2880 said:

Gooden and Strawberry are. Viola was with the Twins.

I don't even want them in the package, just the figures themselves. The cards are probably worth more than the figures, if you find someone who wants the cards only feel free to contact me about the figures.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
You could leave a post a slu.net , they have a lot of info on those and someone over there might have a use for them.

Members online

Latest posts