Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Look what's on eBay again....uncut Bowman Red 1/1 sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Yeah I saw this too. How long before it happens again with other 1/1s, #/5s, etc?

I'm curious if this is one that has been up before or if it's a totally new one...

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
tommyfro21 said:
Yeah I saw this too. How long before it happens again with other 1/1s, #/5s, etc?

I'm curious if this is one that has been up before or if it's a totally new one...

I don't know if you saw, but MartinFFcollector here did a good job finding out info on these a few weeks back. I want to say he found there were 100 sheets or something like that produced, I'm sure searching his posts would provide more info.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
tommyfro21 said:

I don't know if you saw, but MartinFFcollector here did a good job finding out info on these a few weeks back. I want to say he found there were 100 sheets or something like that produced, I'm sure searching his posts would provide more info.

Yeah, I hope he sees this.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
This sheet was offered before. The seller has a couple. Never sold one. This seller was a huge asset. Pics in auction are mine used with my permission after the fact. I obtained a sheet and needed $ and sold it on ebay and regret it. This was a unique novelty sheet in one aspect. My sheet was cut and some cut cards were sold and I should have researched more to know this would happen. Once I learned the sheet was cut, I was surprised and lets say not happy. The price point of my sheet, I assume, made this seller interested in moving his. I researched and stumbled upon info and hopefully alerted the company to issues they should address. I then helped these backdoored cards arrive on the market that have the potential to lessen legit cards values. I'm not proud of that. I then hole punch most of my cut cards I spent almost $100 on and sell about $3 worth, not that making a profit was ever a issue, gave most away and got a few graded just to see. I then sell the slabs and they are marketed as IT IS SPECULATED THAT THIS WAS PRODUCED IN CASE THE OTHER WAS RETURNED DAMAGED AND IT COULD BE REPLACED. IT IS NOT KNOWN HOW THIS LEFT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES BUT IT IS SPECULATED TO BE BACKDOORED. A board member said that. Maybe they didn't see the thread mentioning that numerous sheets were mailed by a Jeff, but I was also never asked a question about the orgin. btw Was Jeff even made aware of this situation he caused? I have his phone #, why have I not called him yet? This hobby needs to be policed. Alot of money is involved. If our company made the same mistakes, there would be consequences. If our product causes problems on the secondary market, we get sued. Companies should protect their brand image. Your image is everything. I'm ashamed how this ended for me. Hopefully Topps will ensure this does not happen again or they will hold thier contractors legally responsible. How "it should" be.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Donovan

edit- Original Backdoored Bowman Sheet thread- http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102746&hilit=backdoored
Any pics that are missing in the thread that I posted if wanted, please request. They might have been moved.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Report the seller for selling stolen property. The pic. clearly states "Property of Topps" "Not for Resale"

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Nevermind - I reported the seller and ebay trust and safety emailed me and told me to contact local law enforcement and have them contact ebay if needed.

In other words - Here at ebay we encouage "Hot" Deals. ::facepalm::

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
MartinFFcollector said:
This sheet was offered before. The seller has a couple. Never sold one. This seller was a huge asset. Pics in auction are mine used with my permission after the fact. I obtained a sheet and needed $ and sold it on ebay and regret it. This was a unique novelty sheet in one aspect. My sheet was cut and some cut cards were sold and I should have researched more to know this would happen. Once I learned the sheet was cut, I was surprised and lets say not happy. The price point of my sheet, I assume, made this seller interested in moving his. I researched and stumbled upon info and hopefully alerted the company to issues they should address. I then helped these backdoored cards arrive on the market that have the potential to lessen legit cards values. I'm not proud of that. I then hole punch most of my cut cards I spent almost $100 on and sell about $3 worth, not that making a profit was ever a issue, gave most away and got a few graded just to see. I then sell the slabs and they are marketed as IT IS SPECULATED THAT THIS WAS PRODUCED IN CASE THE OTHER WAS RETURNED DAMAGED AND IT COULD BE REPLACED. IT IS NOT KNOWN HOW THIS LEFT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES BUT IT IS SPECULATED TO BE BACKDOORED. A board member said that. Maybe they didn't see the thread mentioning that numerous sheets were mailed by a Jeff, but I was also never asked a question about the orgin. btw Was Jeff even made aware of this situation he caused? I have his phone #, why have I not called him yet? This hobby needs to be policed. Alot of money is involved. If our company made the same mistakes, there would be consequences. If our product causes problems on the secondary market, we get sued. Companies should protect their brand image. Your image is everything. I'm ashamed how this ended for me. Hopefully Topps will ensure this does not happen again or they will hold thier contractors legally responsible. How "it should" be.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Donovan

edit- Original Backdoored Bowman Sheet thread- http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102746&hilit=backdoored
Any pics that are missing in the thread that I posted if wanted, please request. They might have been moved.

I would've given you $500 cash for that uncut sheet.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
If I had a way to frame it and it was much, much, much cheaper, I wouldn't have minded owning it in all honesty.

It's probably better though if it is not made available to the public since it does have the real backs to the cards and can create more issues for collectors.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
PS- Don't worry about getting sued... I think you are overreacting with the whole thing.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
MartinFFcollector said:
...This hobby needs to be policed. Alot of money is involved. If our company made the same mistakes, there would be consequences. If our product causes problems on the secondary market, we get sued. Companies should protect their brand image. Your image is everything. I'm ashamed how this ended for me. Hopefully Topps will ensure this does not happen again or they will hold thier contractors legally responsible. How "it should" be...

The hobby would need much less policing if it were less complicated, there wasn't a need for these sheets, was there? People have always cut up sheets, often for profit, and Topps knew better, they don't seem particularly interested in the consequences.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Beckett actually starting listing these in their checklists online.

"2009 Bowman Red Unnumbered #12 Hanley Ramirez"

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
csmtampa said:
PS- Don't worry about getting sued... I think you are overreacting with the whole thing.

Sued? Directed at me? Never said I was worried. Overreacting directed at me too? How so? You lost me.

Also unsure what your $500 offer meant. There's one just like it on ebay for $300 BIN.

Members online

Latest posts