Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What low priced prospects - Hoping for big things in 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I know many people on these boards are sitting on a TON of lower end prospects, or more unknown prospects.

Who are you sitting on stashes of that you are looking for a nice upturn in 2011? Or you are HOPING, BEGGING, and PLEADING for and uptick in 2011?

Here are a couple of mine.

Jorge Bucardo - two good years, and he is dirt cheap. I think a good year in double A should help

David Holmberg - was the White sox top pitching prospect pre-season last year, got traded to the D-Backs. I am interested to see how he does in the midwest league this year.

Scott Elbert - I am PLEADING for a good year from this once top prospect

Eric Hurley - Same as Elbert. Have already sold of some, but have a Ton

So who are you sitting on??

Skrip

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Pedro Beato and Matt Antonelli.

I have close to 100 chrome autos of Beato, including a few oranges and golds, and a 9.5 red.

Maybe about 15 Antonelli, with a handful of graded.

::facepalm::

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Edgar Olmos- He's been decent but not great. Chrome autos are really inexpensive for someone with good potential.

Ryan Strieby- Thought this would be the year, but now it's looking like next year is a make or break. He's been up and down price-wise, but now his stuff rarely pops up. I have a TON of his cards. I'd be rich if he comes out bombing in spring training this year.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Been sitting on Beavan and Lotzkar for 2 long HAHA
I like Jon Jay better yesterday than today
Lance Lynn I hope does well Cards need him in the pen
As for real potential I think Halman is priced rather low

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Lance Lynn - have 18 base chrome autos and 9 ref autos which I paid too much for; hopefully he can lower his walks

Brad Hand - 13 base chromes, 3 refs, 3 x's, 1 blue, 4 contenders, 4 sterling

had a solid year, I am hoping for a Mike Montgomery type of performance/hype next year

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'm not sitting on a stash (I have one refractor and auto in my pc, and an extra auto I accidentally bought), but I'm seeing big things for Brent Morel.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Junior Griffey said:
Pedro Beato and Matt Antonelli.

I have close to 100 chrome autos of Beato, including a few oranges and golds, and a 9.5 red.

Maybe about 15 Antonelli, with a handful of graded.

::facepalm::
Don't be ashamed bro, I'm on the Antonelli boat as well. :(

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Edgar Olmos- He's been decent but not great. Chrome autos are really inexpensive for someone with good potential.

I pulled one of his 09 gold refractor auto redemptions yesterday. Tough to find much info on him(his name being misspelled Omos on the card didn't help :lol: ) Seems like a decent prospect.

Neil Ramirez-Doesn't have any chrome auto's but his refractors and AFLAC auto's are cheap. The stuff is there but numbers have been kinda rough. Hope to see good things for him in 2011 at Myrtle Beach and hopefully Frisco. Not a prospector but I a few of his better cards.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
craiger122003 said:

Lance Lynn in the pen? Why?

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Lynn in the pen because I am HOPING our starters stay healthy :D

Skorris CCBC said:
craiger122003 said:

Lance Lynn in the pen? Why?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Glad you brought up neil ramirez, he is another one of mine as well. Have about 25 various elite autos.

Jordan zimmerman - have 15 elite autos of him as well. I really like what he brings to the table. He will fit in very nicely in the nats rotation.

Skrip

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
SamHell said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

I pulled one of his 09 gold refractor auto redemptions yesterday. Tough to find much info on him(his name being misspelled Omos on the card didn't help :lol: ) Seems like a decent prospect.

Neil Ramirez-Doesn't have any chrome auto's but his refractors and AFLAC auto's are cheap. The stuff is there but numbers have been kinda rough. Hope to see good things for him in 2011 at Myrtle Beach and hopefully Frisco. Not a prospector but I a few of his better cards.
of all the players that played for or against Hickory last year Neil was the hardest AUTO to get . He's the last one out at most games and very quiet .

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Jenrry Mejia, RHP NYM - Expecting him to win a rotation spot in ST and do well. Still only 21 and spent almost the full season in the Bigs last year in the pen and then got a few starts in September. For the life of me I can't understand why his stuff doesn't sell for more. I have a ton of high end Mejia and I'm still looking to add more at their current levels. There is something about him that reminds me of Dodgers/Expos Pedro Martinez, I think he could develop into that type of front line guy.

I like Holmberg as well skrip. Think about how much talent ARZ has added to their system from the 2009 Draft. *******, Skaggs(tr.), Holmberg(tr.), Davidson, Borchering, Broxton, Owings, Goldschmidt, Krauss, Nick, etc.

Speaking of which, watch some those hitters have huge offensive seasons in the CAL League next year playing in Visalia, like Kraus and Goldschmidt did last year. I'm positive a few of those guys' stuff could get a nice shot in the arm at some point in 2011.

allyours

Jul 6, 2010
Ross Detwiler-- I got his bowman sterling plate auto from the pack and has been stashing since. He's got plenty of stuff to buy so it's not expensive or hard. Hopes he can finally be healthy next year so I actually let sell some off instead of using them as throw-ins.
Wendell Fairley-- Back in 2008, a choice between him or some guy name Jason as the next power bat, guess who I picked to hold and who to sell... ::facepalm::
Dellin Betances-- While his stuff may never bounce back to what they once were, I do hope the Yankees stop signing expensive FAs so their home crop get some chances to see the show in pinstripe.
Phil Humber-- I've pretty much given up on him and is trying to figure out what to do with them. Not hoping for big things, just a window to let go...
Howie Kendrick-- Seems so promising to be a steady .300+ hitter but can not stay healthy. Got stash of UD stuff.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Not sure if this qualifies but Jose tabata. Looked great last year need for him to put a full season together. Same for Neil walker.
Still have a Jeff Neimann stash. Im not sure what he has to do for his cards to increase.
Bryan Mitchell and JR Murphy for real prospects that have not seen the bigs

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I have a bunch of Beaven stuff for some reason too. I think I picked a bunch up in lots and such.

I have a HUGE Logan Schafer stash that I'd like to move. Brewers outfielders seem to be more likely to be trade bait at this point, since Braun, Hart and likely Lorenzo Cain the starters for some time.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Jake Marisnick: Reminds me of Domonic Brown
Matt Lipka: Got about 10 autos of him and i'm a Braves fan. He is a prospect who could go Mike Trout in 2011 while playing SS.

Members online

Latest posts