Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors - Do any of you have 88 & 89 Canadian SLU'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I have been searching for the 88 Canadian Henderson SLU, and was wondering if you guys had any luck getting your guy? I have the 89 Henderson, but I have never come across an 88.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I've been a player collector for a very long time and i've never heard of these in any player collection and I've never seen an example of any player. Do you have an example?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Mozzie22 said:
I've been a player collector for a very long time and i've never heard of these in any player collection and I've never seen an example of any player. Do you have an example?

+1

I've never heard of these either! I sure hope Clark doesn't have one. Have you actually seen one henderson939??

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
henderson939 said:
Yes the packages are bilingual. I believe everyone in the 88 & 89 has a Canadian version.

IMG_5583.jpg

If this is the case, I have some hunting to do.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
The fronts are not. As far as the backs, I dont know. The back of the packaging is plain with just a barcode and some info in French & English. There is no checklist. I know that there is an 88 version also because a fellow Henderson collector has one.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
henderson939 said:
The fronts are not. As far as the backs, I dont know. The back of the packaging is plain with just a barcode and some info in French & English. There is no checklist. I know that there is an 88 version also because a fellow Henderson collector has one.

so you'll need two. one to open and one to leave sealed

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Hmmm. I wonder if the card itself is different. If so, I'm gonna dread it, b/c I've never seen a Will Clark one. Thanks for the pics Henderson939!

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
They are so hard to find, I dont think I could bring myself to open the package. I have contact in Canada. I will ask him about the cards. I will also see if he has any of them laying around. I know he doesnt have the Rickey.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
If the only thing that is different is the packaging I can live with that. If the cards are different then I'm intrigued, horrified, excited, anxious, and thrilled all at the same time. ;)

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
how can you tell that the backs of the cards do not contain french?

Was wondering the same thing? Are we sure there aren't differences? Actually, I'd prefer to hear no, so I don't have to worry about finding another rare Will Clark card.

Those canada issues were tuff to find even back in the SLU heyday. I think a MAC collector i know has the mac one from 89. I donated almost all of mine to charity a while back and got a nice write off for my taxes considering they were worth next to nothing.

I still kept some of the rookie pieces that were big back in the day
Those were
Jeter
Arod
88 ripken
Piazza,Bagwell , Chipper, Barry Sanders, Peyton,Pedro,Manny

I have pictures scanned of these

Sorry to get off thread direction but i dont get to post pics of these often

here147.jpg

here124.jpg

here134.jpg

Members online