Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paring down the player collection: What is kept...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Hey everyone,
I made the decision to only keep all of my 2002-2003 Khalil Greene cards, and stop collecting anything after 2003. Still, I have decided to make a few exceptions. Seeing as how I'm a little bored this morning, I thought I would share the post 2003 Khalil Greene cards that will stay in my collection. These are favorites of mine:

2004 Sweet Sigs Autos (/150, /30, and 2/3)
2004FleerSweetSigsAuto12of1.jpg2004FleerSweetSigsof30.jpg2004FleerSweetSigsAuto2of3.jpg

2005 Fleer Classic Clippings Jake Peavy/Khalil Greene Dual Auto 8/22
2005FleerClassicClippingsPe.jpg

2004 Authentix Khalil Greene Quad Auto Booster (4 autographs on one card)
8-7GreeneQuadAuto.jpg

2006 UD SPA By The Letter Auto Set
2006GREENEAutoLetterSetWebSite.jpg

2006 Allen and Ginter Wood Mini 1/1 (I cut out a GU card out of its frame and put my Greene card in it)
2006AGWoodMini1of1.jpg
2006AGWoodMini1of1back.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Anthony

ethanbryer

Jun 22, 2010
So. Missouri
I got to see kahil play in Springfield (double-a of cardinals) when he was going through his anxiety stuff. i sat on the third base side and tried to get a autograph. but it didnt happen

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
ethanbryer said:
I got to see kahil play in Springfield (double-a of cardinals) when he was going through his anxiety stuff. i sat on the third base side and tried to get a autograph. but it didnt happen

He's tough to get in person. I only got him at Padres Fan Fests and Spring Training--outside of that, no dice.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Anthony said:
2006 Allen and Ginter Wood Mini 1/1 (I cut out a GU card out of its frame and put my Greene card in it)
2006AGWoodMini1of1.jpg
2006AGWoodMini1of1back.jpg

Very cool idea. And makes me want to pick up a few GU cards so I could do this myself.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Thanks for the comments, folks. As for the wood mini, it's pretty easy. I just cut the plastic window with an exacto knife. There is now no plastic over the window. I originally tried to peel the plastic covering off the frame, but I ruined one frame doing that--it's glued so it tore. Anyway, I just cut out the plastic window, making sure there was no excess plastic edging that might cut the edges of my card. I sandwiched it into the screw-down you see and it looks great. I sent the GU that was in it to a player collector (I forget the player). I figured only a player collector would see the advantage of having a framed GU and a non-framed GU card.

@sdsportsfan1214: yes, I too remember those plays. He was fun to watch for a while there.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Anthony said:
Thanks for the comments, folks. As for the wood mini, it's pretty easy. I just cut the plastic window with an exacto knife. There is now no plastic over the window. I originally tried to peel the plastic covering off the frame, but I ruined one frame doing that--it's glued so it tore. Anyway, I just cut out the plastic window, making sure there was no excess plastic edging that might cut the edges of my card. I sandwiched it into the screw-down you see and it looks great. I sent the GU that was in it to a player collector (I forget the player). I figured only a player collector would see the advantage of having a framed GU and a non-framed GU card.

@sdsportsfan1214: yes, I too remember those plays. He was fun to watch for a while there.

I split a frame from both Ginter and Mayo, I think you should try again ;) I just pusched my finger nail into the top edge to spil it, then I peeled it open.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
vwnut13 said:
Anthony said:

I split a frame from both Ginter and Mayo, I think you should try again ;) I just pusched my finger nail into the top edge to spil it, then I peeled it open.

Perhaps the 2006 frames were made differently? The first one I tried peeled/ripped as I tried to take the plastic cover off.

Members online