Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 BDP - where the value lies...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I was looking through the still preliminary C/L for 2010 BDP - sure hope we get another before release.

Now that they have gone to 110 Green RCs, I was wondering how that would affect overall set value. Upon a further look though, it seems to me like there are going to be some nice sellers out of that set:

BDP1 Stephen Strasburg - RC
BDP4 Starlin Castro - RC
BDP9 Madison Bumgarner - RC
BDP30 Mike Stanton - RC
BDP38 Danny Valencia - RC
BDP40 Jason Heyward - RC
BDP61 Buster Posey - RC
BDP70 Domonic Brown - RC

Is there a ton of dead wood in the RC C/L - yes there is but the guys above seem like they will sell quite nicely in 20 ct lots.

I have to say I think I see more value here this year than in the FG and Green RC sets of the past, any other thoughts/comments?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
afrobandit said:
There aren't a lot of junk autos in the CL yet. Hopefully that doesnt change. I liked last years checklist.

I didn't see a lot of value in any of the base chromes last year and I didn't see the big hit potential in any of the autos last year. Trout got big after the release.

I think Taillon, Machado, Harvey and Colon should probably outsell all of the top autos from last year upon release.

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
Will these have chrome cards or will they just be base bowman?

masonphillip said:
I was looking through the still preliminary C/L for 2010 BDP - sure hope we get another before release.

Now that they have gone to 110 Green RCs, I was wondering how that would affect overall set value. Upon a further look though, it seems to me like there are going to be some nice sellers out of that set:

BDP4 Starlin Castro - RC
BDP30 Mike Stanton - RC
BDP40 Jason Heyward - RC
BDP61 Buster Posey - RC
BDP70 Domonic Brown - RC

Is there a ton of dead wood in the RC C/L - yes there is but the guys above seem like they will sell quite nicely in 20 ct lots.

I have to say I think I see more value here this year than in the FG and Green RC sets of the past, any other thoughts/comments?

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
danimal said:
Will these have chrome cards or will they just be base bowman?

masonphillip said:

BDP4 Starlin Castro - RC
BDP30 Mike Stanton - RC
BDP40 Jason Heyward - RC
BDP61 Buster Posey - RC
BDP70 Domonic Brown - RC

Should be in both sets with all the parallels.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
afrobandit said:
Jared Mitchell, Tyler Matzek, and Mike Leake all sold really well at one point.

I'm just hoping they do a lot of action poses.

Leake base were about $10 at release
Mitchell were $15-$20
Matzek also $15-$20

Their moves were well after release.

I think Machados do $50 out of the gate.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
masonphillip said:
afrobandit said:

Mitchell were $15-$20
Matzek also $15-$20

k

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
masonphillip said:

BDP4 Starlin Castro - RC
BDP30 Mike Stanton - RC
BDP40 Jason Heyward - RC
BDP61 Buster Posey - RC
BDP70 Domonic Brown - RC

I think Valencia, Strasburg, and Brown are the only real RC's. The rest of the guys have been and have had cards in past releases of Bowman draft, chrome, etc.
I mean really how the hell is Bumgarner still have a rookie card?

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Valencia will be the card to get from the base set. Atleast for me. As for the Autos I'm really excited for Chris Sale. Didn't get any Elite in hopes that Sale could be an auto in Draft. Once this stuff hits I can focus on Valencia's Topps Chrome stuff as that may dip in price a bit. When does this stuff drop?

~AJ

marterburn

I've bought one case the last few years.

Being 110 cards, it'll actually pay to put base set together to sell separately. Also, although you will have the same total number of base cards, you won't have 8-10 of the same card, which is nice, IMO, because after you put together master sets those extra 5 green RCs were fairly useless. Like I said, it wasn't really worth it to put together a 55-card green base set.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
These are the FY RCs:

DP1a Stephen Strasburg P WAS
DP1b Stephen Strasburg P WAS (Auto)
DP5 John Axford P MIL
DP6 Colin Curtis OF NYY
DP15 Felix Doubront P BOS
DP16 Danny Worth 2B DET
DP20 Daniel Nava OF BOS
DP23 Brian Matusz P BAL
DP25 Andy Oliver P DET
DP28 Vance Worley P PHI
DP35 Sam Demel P ARI
DP38 Danny Valencia 3B MIN
DP39 Fernando Salas P STL
DP43 Josh Donaldson C OAK
DP54 Jeanmar Gomez P CLE
DP55 Erik Kratz C PIT
DP57 Jhan Marinez P FLA
DP59 Drew Stubbs OF CIN
DP60 Alex Sanabia P FLA
DP62 Anthony Slama P MIN
DP73 Josh Thole C NYM
DP76 Josh Tomlin P CLE
DP80 Blake Wood P KC
DP81 John Hester C ARI
DP84 Cesar Valdez P ARI
DP85 Lance Zawadzki 2B KC
DP86 Rommie Lewis P TOR (01 UD PP XRC)
DP91 Mitch Moreland OF TEX
DP95 Matt Carson OF OAK (02 UD PP XRC)
DP96 Jennry Mejia P NYM
DP100 Hisanori Takahashi P NYM
DP107 Mike McCoy SS TOR

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
masonphillip said:
afrobandit said:

Mitchell were $15-$20
Matzek also $15-$20

No way Machado base autos do $50, unless there's an anamoly.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Crash Davis said:
masonphillip said:
afrobandit said:

Mitchell were $15-$20
Matzek also $15-$20

No way Machado base autos do $50, unless there's an anamoly.

Are you sure about that? Elite base autos were in the $40-$50 range upon release and are still selling strong.

skrip

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I don't understand how these are rookie cards. Strasburg and Heyward already have chrome rc's - to make matters worse, the base bowman heyward from 2010 Bowman is different from the Chrome version in 2010 Bowman Chrome. Then, Bumgarner and Posey already have 2010 Bowman RCs. Are they going to use different images for the chrome versions in the draft product? The pre-release on the posey image would suggest so. To me, this is just more confusion over what is the true rookie card and I don't feel like Topps is approaching this the correct way. They should, in my opinion, make one clear rookie card for the player and stop screwing with multiple versions across what is really the same product line (again, in my opinion). At the very least, I don't think the Stras and Heyward should have the RC card logo on them since they already put it on a chrome version in 2010 Bowman Chrome.

masonphillip said:

BDP4 Starlin Castro - RC
BDP30 Mike Stanton - RC
BDP40 Jason Heyward - RC
BDP61 Buster Posey - RC
BDP70 Domonic Brown - RC

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Buyers of Machado Chromes at $50 will lose BIG if that's the selling point. Gary Sanchez is a far better prospect who's Chromes sell at a little more than half of that value (and is in a collectible market to boot).

I'll say Machado Chromes do $30 out of the gate after the first 3 or 4 crazy bidders satisfy their need to own one. Anything more is too much IMO.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
bballcardkid said:
Buyers of Machado Chromes at $50 will lose BIG if that's the selling point. Gary Sanchez is a far better prospect who's Chromes sell at a little more than half of that value (and is in a collectible market to boot).

I'll say Machado Chromes do $30 out of the gate after the first 3 or 4 crazy bidders satisfy their need to own one. Anything more is too much IMO.

Considering elites go for $45 right now, I have a hard time seeing them outsell chrome.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
frzg said:
bballcardkid said:

Considering elites go for $45 right now, I have a hard time seeing them outsell chrome.

They won't be selling for $45 in a month, and neither will the Chrome Auto. Bidders are going after a 2010 auto supply of 425 cards plus parallels w/ few on the market at once. Wait till these things are going off once every hour.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts