Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1986 Sportflics Yount error sells $280

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
My best friend is a huge Yount collector. I sent him that auction link thinking he didn't have one. He said he does, but I don't think he knew what it was worth. I'm sure he's amazed it went for that.

Jul 30, 2009
Heres the story on this Yount.

Last Thanksgiving, I was looking through my cousins "collection" of cards from when he was a kid hoping to find some needle in the haystack.

I went through the sportflics soley looking for this card and found THREE of them, two back to back and the other a few cards later. I remember buying a load of the packs back in 1986.

Anyway, I think it was early this year when he listed the first Yount and it sold for $110. I had interest in buying the second one but he wasnt sure if he was going to sell it.

Next thing I know, he listed the second one and zooms to over $100 and at that point, I didnt even bother bidding on it, too high for me.

He has one left and theres no chance of that being sold, its staying with him.

1jess1

Apr 19, 2011
Hi: I have a PSA 8 1986 sportflics Yount error Yankees on back. PSA has graded a total of 30 of these cards. there is only one PSA 10. Could you please tell me what a PSA 8 would be worth? Thank You, 1jess1.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
On a semi related note- 1990 UD Witt BBox error-

http://cgi.ebay.com/1990-Upper-Deck-Mik ... 4cf6a05589

Highest I've seen one sell for.

Seller emailed me this......

Hi there, I have access to several 1990 Upper Deck Mike Witt black box error cards. They are on uncut sheets of 10 cards though. All 10 cards are different. The sheets also include the Keith Hernandez error and two other errors. Look in my closed auctions. I sold one last night that was cut from the sheet for $1,300. I would be willing to sell a sheet individually for that. I have a very short supply of these sheets. They were purchased from the son of a former executive from Upper Deck.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
MartinFFcollector said:

Hi there, I have access to several 1990 Upper Deck Mike Witt black box error cards. They are on uncut sheets of 10 cards though. All 10 cards are different. The sheets also include the Keith Hernandez error and two other errors. Look in my closed auctions. I sold one last night that was cut from the sheet for $1,300. I would be willing to sell a sheet individually for that. I have a very short supply of these sheets. They were purchased from the son of a former executive from Upper Deck.

Well there goes the market for those.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
BrewerSuperCollector said:
The last 2 I've seen sell in the last couple years ended at $80 and $120 respectively.
I picture you having a lab with a bank of computers crunching numbers and tracking sales of Brewers cards. I'm constantly amazed by your knowledge concerning anything with a Brewer's photo on it (and sometimes not even a photo) :)

MartinFFcollector said:

Shady

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
He says it was cut from a sheet in the auction...while I agree it is questionable for the hobby, the seller was totally upfront.

Once BGS slabs it, no one will know the difference.

I kid.

Latest posts