Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My NEW FAVORITE CARD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
My NEW FAVORITE CARD, at least for the time being....

This just arrived. I am sorry I ever doubted the seller. I am certain I will never upgrade it again, and actually will take it off my search after 10 years of upgrading it no less than 10 times. Scan of back shows just as nicely as front for whomever asked before ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112344 )

Anyway, without any further ado...

I bring you the nicest Jackie Robinson anyone will ever lay there eyes on with a $1000 budget! A 10 year effort! Ten years of looking at every graded Jackie ever to land on ebay!

jackiesgc60_sm.jpg
jackiesgc60back_sm.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
elmalo said:
This is my favorite card!

edgar001-1.jpg

I am a rookie guy myself...and i just found out the sub i just sent in for my edgar rentaria 94 refractor just realized a BGS 9.5...
I think it is a tough 9.5, i will have to check pop report!

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
hofautos said:
elmalo said:

edgar001-1.jpg

I am a rookie guy myself...and i just found out the sub i just sent in for my edgar rentaria 94 refractor just realized a BGS 9.5...
I am a rookie card guy too, but I love this card bc it has the Colombian flag on it. Is the Renteria you have signed?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
elmalo said:
hofautos said:
elmalo said:

I am a rookie card guy too, but I love this card bc it has the Colombian flag on it. Is the Renteria you have signed?

No, but edgar's rookie with an auto is on my search!
I actually won one, but then the seller said he didn't have it...ack!
I know what you mean with your pride in your heritage! Congrats.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
hofautos said:
elmalo said:
hofautos said:
elmalo said:

No but that is on my search!
Im probably gonna be seeing him soon. Which rookie of his were you looking for signed?

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
hofautos said:
elmalo said:
hofautos said:
elmalo said:

unfortunately he's not Colombian and has no ethnic ties to Colombia at all.

Congrats on your Pickup, its a Beauty!

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
chromerookies said:
hofautos said:
elmalo said:
hofautos said:
elmalo said:

unfortunately he's not Colombian and has no ethnic ties to Colombia at all.

Congrats on your Pickup, its a Beauty!
Really, I don't know much about Edgar, I just assumed that was why he liked that card.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
elmalo said:
hofautos said:
elmalo said:
hofautos said:
elmalo said:

No but that is on my search!
Im probably gonna be seeing him soon. Which rookie of his were you looking for signed?
Any i can find, but if I had my choice, probably the card in the bottom left of your sig!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I can see why that Jackie Robinson would be a favorite! GREAT looking card. Congratulations on adding it to your collection.
DANNY

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
chromerookies said:
isn't that Renteria signed on the Slab not the card?

Wow, i just looked again...guess I am glad he didn't ship it...that would have been a drag (lol)!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Absolutely gorgeous! A nice Jackie card is on my list when I move into post-war vintage, although I won't be able to afford as nice a one as that or even that card in any condition :shock: :lol:

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
Absolutely gorgeous! A nice Jackie card is on my list when I move into post-war vintage, although I won't be able to afford as nice a one as that or even that card in any condition :shock: :lol:
thanks...never say never....there was a time not that long ago i couldn't pay my mortgage...

There are very few vintage cards I really want...these are the ones I wanted:
T206 Cobb, cy young, walter Johnson
1933 Ruth
1934 Gehrig (year of triple crown)
1948-49 Leaf Jackie, Ted Williams, Stan Musial
1952 Willie Mays
1954 Hank Aaron
1956 mantle
1957 Frank Robinson
1964 Rose
1966 Morgan
1969 Bench
1974 Schmidt

Basically the players that were considered the best all time of their position or holder of MAJOR records.
If I am missing anyone from my list let me know.