Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Fleer Silver Glossy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Could someone explain to me the difference between the Tiffany and Silver Glossy version of 1996 Fleer? I had no idea there was such a thing as Silver glossy until I saw it on Brad's Mark Grace site.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
clarkfan said:
One was the parallel to the regular card that were issued into regular packs of cards. The other, was the Team Collection card, which was sold in packs of all Texas Rangers, all Chicago White Sox, etc, very similar to the 1997 Score Team Collection cards.

Here is a link to a Cleveland Indians set on ebay completed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Fleer-Clev...0264824852?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item483d398414

So just for clarification, every player in the set has the regular card, Tiffany card, and Silver glossy?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Only the players that would have been included in the Team Collection cards have all 3. Teams were Braves, Orioles, Red Sox, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, Rockies, Dodgers, & Rangers. Unfortunately, Cardinals weren't 1 of the teams.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
clarkfan said:
Only the players that would have been included in the Team Collection cards have all 3. Teams were Braves, Orioles, Red Sox, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, Rockies, Dodgers, & Rangers. Unfortunately, Cardinals weren't 1 of the teams.

Thanks. Not "unfortunately," I don't want to have to find another card! :lol:

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Mozzie22 said:
clarkfan said:

Thanks. Not "unfortunately," I don't want to have to find another card! :lol:

^^This! Pain in the butt to find those weird versions of stuff!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I have never heard it referred to as "silver glossy" but I do have a copy of Manny Ramirez' 96 Fleer Indians team issue card #15. The numbering on these was completely different from the base 96 Fleer, so that helps a little.

Latest posts