Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken Jr Auto experts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Hey All,

I have a question about a Cal Ripken Jr autograph. Can anyone tell me if this looks like other examples of his earlier signature? I know some player's autographs evolve over the years and I also know there are people on here who would know much better than I about Cal's earlier autos. This is on an Rawlings Official AL Ball and was said to have been acquired in the 80's. Thanks!

Ripken.jpg

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
My advice to you is to not buy that one if thats what you're thinking. Buy one that looks much more legit. You will always have speculation of a fake with that one.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
bigalbert said:
My advice to you is to not buy that one if thats what you're thinking. Buy one that looks much more legit. You will always have speculation of a fake with that one.

It was actually given to me. I already have it.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
IndyMann said:
I'd contact RITM if I were you.

I'll shoot the image over to a friend who knows Cal's sigs.

I can say it looks nothing like any Ripken sig I have ever seen. In case you are wondering, I've seen as early as 13 years old. You can see it and his sig out of high school on my site.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
RITM said:
IndyMann said:

I can say it looks nothing like any Ripken sig I have ever seen. In case you are wondering, I've seen as early as 13 years old. You can see it and his sig out of high school on my site.

Thank you very much! The only thing that really looks off to me is the Jr. Everything else looks pretty similar to the other older Cal's I've seen.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
xcantgobackx said:
RITM said:
IndyMann said:

Thank you very much! The only thing that really looks off to me is the Jr. Everything else looks pretty similar to the other older Cal's I've seen.

I have to agree. The Cal and Ripken look decent but the Jr is not even close.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
dannyboy19 said:
RITM- i looked on your site but didn't see the pic (must've overlooked it) of Ripken's 13 year old signature. Post that up here, i'd love to see it

The ball was signed in 1973. Here's a pic of the ball with the guy who coached said team in '73:

earl%20cobb.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
RITM said:
dannyboy19 said:
RITM- i looked on your site but didn't see the pic (must've overlooked it) of Ripken's 13 year old signature. Post that up here, i'd love to see it

The ball was signed in 1973. Here's a pic of the ball with the guy who coached said team in '73:

earl%20cobb.jpg
Fake, i have too many 72 73 era Ripkens to, just kidding. That is f'n cool, thanks for showing the pic.

Members online

Latest posts