Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paypal help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Well I had another successful transaction with wossa and i have recieved positive feedback and it has been 3 days since i have "shipped" the item, why is my paypal still on hold? What should i do?

Policy for payment holds for eBay items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a payment hold for eBay items?
It is a hold that PayPal places on a payment you receive for an item you sold on eBay. The amounts held will be shown as "Pending" in your PayPal account. You still have access to all other funds in your PayPal account.

Why are my payments being held?
Payment holds for eBay items are an effort to increase marketplace safety. We hold payments when we suspect a transaction may be risky. Here are the most common instances in which an eBay item payment may be held:

You have been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and you sell an item for more than $100
You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100, and you sell an item for more than $100
You have a buyer dissatisfaction percentage* greater than 5%
You have an average DSR of less than 4.5
You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
You are listing your item in a high-risk category such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers, or consumer electronics.

When will PayPal release the hold?
Your funds will be released when one of the following occurs:

The buyer leaves you positive feedback
3 days pass after proof the item was delivered**
21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on the transaction

We may hold the funds longer if your buyer files a dispute, claim, chargeback, reversal or has otherwise taken action to dispute the transaction.

Learn more about the PayPal policy for payment holds for eBay items.

* Buyer dissatisfaction percentage is measured by adding negative events as a percentage of your transactions. Negative events include negative & neutral Feedback, Detailed Seller Ratings scores of 2 or less, and Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described disputes.

** This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) upload tracking information to PayPal via the transaction details page. If a payment is being held, it will be shown as "Pending" in your PayPal account until it is released.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
3 days pass after proof the item was delivered**

Then again, Paypal just wants to make interest off the cash.

G

There seems to be something up with PP lately, someone sent me money like 5 days ago
and it said pending also then it was available today, I know this person well and said he did not send
me money using e-check if that was what you were thinking. So why the heck for the delay.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Pine Tar said:
There seems to be something up with PP lately, someone sent me money like 5 days ago
and it said pending also then it was available today, I know this person well and said he did not send
me money using e-check if that was what you were thinking. So why the heck for the delay.

I had a somewhat similar issue. I received a payment for one of my auctions and ebay and Paypal showed it as cleared. So i proceed to print out the shipping label and package up the card. Well the next morning before i left for work and before i put the mailers in the mailbox i checked to see if anyone else had paid only to find out that the payment that originally showed as cleared is now a pending echeck.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
moxacaine said:
Pine Tar said:

I had a somewhat similar issue. I received a payment for one of my auctions and ebay and Paypal showed it as cleared. So i proceed to print out the shipping label and package up the card. Well the next morning before i left for work and before i put the mailers in the mailbox i checked to see if anyone else had paid only to find out that the payment that originally showed as cleared is now a pending echeck.

I received my first echeck last night as well. I wanted to send the card out today when I went to the PO but couldnt cause the funds hadn't cleared through my PP account. Its so stupid how PP holds the funds imo

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:
Pine Tar said:

I received my first echeck last night as well. I wanted to send the card out today when I went to the PO but couldnt cause the funds hadn't cleared through my PP account. Its so stupid how PP holds the funds imo
grr, well he DID leave me positive feedback, so i thought it'd be cleared when that'd happen.

Should i wait 5 days (like the other guy) or send an e-mail?

Members online

Latest posts