Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about Hornsby/Utley dual game-used card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Can anyone confirm what the memorabilia is for Hornsby? I've seen it referred to as a glove and that's certainly what it appears to be based on the color, but I was wondering if someone could confirm?

Thanks

!B-0ke6Q!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKpQEy+jC0bYjBM9)d5uRTw~~_12.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm guessing that it's from the leather sleeves of the jacket that Upper Deck cut up if it's leather.

Cutting up gloves has been a fairly limited phenomenon, and I haven't seen a Hornsby glove card. Not to say it isn't glove, just throwing an opinion out there.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I'm guessing that it's from the leather sleeves of the jacket that Upper Deck cut up if it's leather.

Cutting up gloves has been a fairly limited phenomenon, and I haven't seen a Hornsby glove card. Not to say it isn't glove, just throwing an opinion out there.
Jacket? Was it something used in a game, or just a leather jacket? The back of the card indicates the memorabilia was used in a game but does not indicate.

I have noticed recently, that despite their scarcity, glove cards often do not sell for all that much for some reason, though I too wondered if there's any way it could be from a glove.

Members online

Latest posts