Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gotta love some ebayers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
So Im looking to pick up a handfull of 2008 UD Yankee Stadium Legacy factory sets.

Guy has a small lot of them for $49.99 BIN/BO so I offered him $40 (plus shipping)

His counter offer? $49.75...so he took off THREE CENTS PER SET :lol:

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
I'm not saying the situation is the same but I've had people offer me 50 dollars on a card that I have up for 500 BIN/BO. I usually counter 499.99 when that happens :).

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
People are idiots.

We are looking at getting replacement backs for our wii controllers and found 2 for 2.49 with 59 cents shipping.

So we offered 1.91 (for a total of $2.50). I know kinda stupid to make an offer on something so cheap, but oh well.

Guy counters with 2.45. WOW 4 cents. So I counter with 2.41 (for an even $3).

The ******* let the offer expire. For 4 cents, he lost the sale.

Again, I know it's stupid to offer, but whatever.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I have made offers, had them declined and they counter with the BIN price. Auctions end and they list .99 and let it ride, A few have sold for half and less then my offer. I offered 285 for a tiger auto and it sold for 230 in an auction format. Sent the seller a message rubbing it in and how it made no sense to decline my offer. I am about to list a bunch of stuff to unload stuff I cant trade. Sure I will recieve some low offers. One guy was mad that I wouldnt sell him the card below market, So he could make a profit on it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Marro said:
I have made offers, had them declined and they counter with the BIN price. Auctions end and they list .99 and let it ride, A few have sold for half and less then my offer. I offered 285 for a tiger auto and it sold for 230 in an auction format. Sent the seller a message rubbing it in and how it made no sense to decline my offer. I am about to list a bunch of stuff to unload stuff I cant trade. Sure I will recieve some low offers. One guy was mad that I wouldnt sell him the card below market, So he could make a profit on it.
I don't even see why you should send an e-mail after the guy countered you and you don't like the counter. Even if the card sells for less then what you offered. My take here is your NOT being the better adult and taking the high road and just moving on. What do you think you accomplish, making you look like you did in this situation. I don't get potential buyers sometimes.

And the Dishes, Laundry and Bathrooms are all clean. ;)

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Pine Tar said:
Marro said:
I don't even see why you should send an e-mail after the guy countered you and you don't like the counter. Even if the card sells for less then what you offered. My take here is your NOT being the better adult and taking the high road and just moving on. What do you think you accomplish, making you look like you did in this situation. I don't get potential buyers sometimes.

And the Dishes, Laundry and Bathrooms are all clean. ;)

I offered the avg of the past 3 sales and thats what I usually do when offering on a card. If you're gonna list cards and everyone places a high bin but usually the autoaccept is within market value. I really only point out why the offer was fair and not a lowball offer at all, They would of made a lot more with my offer and ask why they held out for more. But in the end didnt have a reserve or just message me asking if I still wanted it. Why take less when offers are on the table to get you more for an item? Makes no sense to lose out on 125 bucks on a card within a week of being offered more.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
What have they been closing for?

Don't check, it's $7-8/set and nothing lower.

so assuming you are looking at the 8-set case, an offer of $40 is $5/set. Either way, his BIN is lower than the average individual set, so it's hardly out of line.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
200lbhockeyplayer said:
What have they been closing for?

Don't check, it's $7-8/set and nothing lower.

so assuming you are looking at the 8-set case, an offer of $40 is $5/set. Either way, his BIN is lower than the average individual set, so it's hardly out of line.
Thnks for the laugh, Some Ebayers?

Members online

Latest posts