Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How old do you think Albert Pujols really is?

How old is Albert Pujols?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
His age doesn't matter...as long as he is hitting, where it comes to play is in contract discussions for the Cardinals. The rumors were very strong for the first 5 years of his career where I believe most writers assumed he was older than listed.

Of course, it doesn't negate the ability he has shown throughout his career.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There's no reason to think Pujols's age is any different from what's stated. Why, because he excelled from the start? How many 25-YOs had years like his 2001? Put it this way, look at this picture:
lebron-james-pic-nbae-getty-506808722.jpg

Pretend for a second you don't know who this is (or maybe you don't) and just look at him. If I told you he was 25, would you accept that? If I told you he was 35, would you accept that? Look at the lines in his forehead, the crinkles around his eyes, the weathered look. Could he be a well-preserved 42? Yet his age is well-documented, I assume, and he wasn't crushing high schoolers as a 22-YO as a gimmick to vault to nearly unprecedented fame and fortune.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
smapdi said:
There's no reason to think Pujols's age is any different from what's stated. Why, because he excelled from the start? How many 25-YOs had years like his 2001? Put it this way, look at this picture:
lebron-james-pic-nbae-getty-506808722.jpg

Pretend for a second you don't know who this is (or maybe you don't) and just look at him. If I told you he was 25, would you accept that? If I told you he was 35, would you accept that? Look at the lines in his forehead, the crinkles around his eyes, the weathered look. Could he be a well-preserved 42? Yet his age is well-documented, I assume, and he wasn't crushing high schoolers as a 22-YO as a gimmick to vault to nearly unprecedented fame and fortune.

Thanked for making a logical point. Lots of people look older than they really are.

Think about it, a lot of times the people who develop first are the good athletes anyway... they have more physical ability from a younger age and are pushed to excel. It's a logical pattern of events.

Unless someone actually has evidence, who's to say that Pujols is any older than he is listed?

Members online