Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I have a feeling that Bowman Draft is going to be delayed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
5 days before release and Topps still can't "come-up" with a finalized checklist for the product.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I've spoken to several sources, all of which still say 12/15.

Wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed, though.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I am hearing its still a go for 12/15

but you never know

if it does get delayed, not a good way to end the year.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bradical said:
5 days before release and Topps still can't "come-up" with a finalized checklist for the product.

Prepare to be disappointed.

How do you know they don't have it? I agree with Jeff when he says they just have distributed it.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Most specialty products are delayed a bit, and as I recall pretty much every year it slides a week. No biggie, not like Platinum sliding 4-6 weeks, but I don't know if anyone was overly excited about that set anyway.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
masonphillip said:
How do you know they don't have it? I agree with Jeff when he says they just have distributed it.

I know their PR guy doesn't have it. And he has been harassed for days,weeks,months for it.

So, while there may be one magically stashed away at Topps, there may be a reason they are not releasing it to the public, and based on prior records for the year, I am guessing the product is delayed.

And yes, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bradical said:
masonphillip said:

I know their PR guy doesn't have it. And he has been harassed for days,weeks,months for it.

So, while there may be one magically stashed away at Topps, there may be a reason they are not releasing it to the public, and based on prior records for the year, I am guessing the product is delayed.

Until we hear from a distributor that 12/15 is not the date...I think we are ok. I think Topps has reasons for not wanting to distribute the C/L.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
masonphillip said:
bradical said:
masonphillip said:

Until we hear from a distributor that 12/15 is not the date...I think we are ok. I think Topps has reasons for not wanting to distribute the C/L.

Bingo. That is reason is no Bryce Harper. They don't want people to realize he doesn't have a card in this product outside of the Aflac Auto which will be impossible to pull, or not packed out at all. They want people to anticipate Bryce Harper and pre buy that much more. The Autos are all that matters and those have been final for quite some time, I'm sure there will be some other stuff worth picking up, but the Autos are where it's at and we know who they are.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
DINANBBS said:
The Harper card will be packed out in 2010 Draft.

How long does it take to pack out? Cards to packs, packs to boxes, boxes to cases, cases to the docks x5000+ cases.

Mike speaks in the future tense as if the event hasnt happened yet. With less than a week to release they should be quite busy...The Harper cards were packed out would have been nice to hear.

Or, the pack out will take place at a later date and subsequent pushback in release date. (A Harper card will also be randomly inserted into a pack, and most likely will be pulled by Beckett).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
DINANBBS said:
The Harper card will be packed out in 2010 Draft.

Not if there is a production error.

If there is an error, they probably will have a wrapper redemption program for a shot at the card. ;)

Members online