Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*UPDATE* Is This Item Cool or Stupid?

What do you think of this item?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Doing a little Christmas shopping for my Dad, who is a huge Cubs fans, and I ran across this item.

Chicago Cubs 2007 Central Division Champs Locker Room Cork

Do you guys think this is a cool item or pretty stupid? I am asking in general too, meaning would you like this if it was from your favorite team.

UPDATE

So I decided instead of just the cork (which I wasn't going to be $15.00 shipping for) I would just get him this instead:

Link

It just arrived today and it's pretty sweet item! I understand it's just from a Division Championship but it's the Cubs we are talking about and regardless my Dad is going to love it!

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Re: Is This Item Cool or Stupid?

I think it's a pretty cool oddball piece. Not sure I'd pay opening bid but it is kinda neat.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008

Definitely a cool piece. Only issue I see is the lack of authentication.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008

I think I lean toward it being a bit stupid.......that being said, if someone gave me a cork from a Red Sox celebration I'd keep it and make it a part of my collection....so I'm not sure where I stand on this one. :lol:

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin

I was ready to place my order for one until I saw that shipping was $14.99, for a cork! I'll pass!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

I know you made your decision, but I think it is a cool piece... and I hate the Cubs more than most.

It's oddball for sure, but it's cool.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008

I selected stupid because it's from a division winner. If it was from a World Series celebration then I'd say cool.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008

mrwhitesox30 said:
I selected stupid because it's from a division winner. If it was from a World Series celebration then I'd say cool.

Well, it is a Cubs division winner...

Skeeb Wilcox

Nov 16, 2010

Now if there was a 2010 TEXAS RANGERS playoff-winning cork, THAT would be rare!!!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA

I think it's cool, I personally just bought a World Series bottle from the Giants a couple of days ago and I seriously considered buying a cork to go with it. The Giants had corks for $25, so the Cubs cork isn't the far off considering the Cubs have only won the division a handful of times in thier history.

Added a pic of the bottles and corks the Giants have/had for sale:
ChampagneBottles2010002-1.jpg

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010

Pat Neshek on his own website sent me a cork like that and he signed it at the bottom with "2010 AL Central Champions." It was pretty cool.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
ronfromfresno said:
Great choice, I think bottles are cool, and yours will come with a cork. The Giants were only selling the corks by themselves.

Yeah, I got it today and it came with a cork. I am glad I got the full bottle!

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008

ronfromfresno said:
I think it's cool, I personally just bought a World Series bottle from the Giants a couple of days ago and I seriously considered buying a cork to go with it. The Giants had corks for $25, so the Cubs cork isn't the far off considering the Cubs have only won the division a handful of times in thier history.

Added a pic of the bottles and corks the Giants have/had for sale:
ChampagneBottles2010002-1.jpg
Jeez giants used some cheap liquor

http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail ... uctID=1512

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
When the Cubs advanced to the NLCS in '03 I bought a bottle from the celebration. Since passed it on to another collector.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts