Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Remaining games in the Colombian Winter League cancelled :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
SE CANCELA LA TEMPORADA 2010-2011 DE LA LIGA COLOMBIANA DE BÉISBOL PROFESIONALBarranquilla, Diciembre 8
La Liga Colombiana de Béisbol Profesional y el Team Rentería lamentan informar que a partir de hoy miércoles 8 de diciembre de 2010, se cancela la presente temporada. El fuerte invierno que ha azotado a nuestro país obligó a tomar la drástica y triste decisión.

En lo que va del torneo se ha tenido que aplazar una gran cantidad de juegos, muchos de los cuales no se iban a poder realizar. Además, el estado de las carreteras ha impedido el buen desarrollo del campeonato, prueba de esto son las 20 horas que tardaron los Potros de Medellín para desplazarse de Cali a Bogotá, un trayecto que se hace en la mitad del tiempo. En Antioquia hay múltiples derrumbes en las carreteras y en la Costa Atlántica, el Río Magdalena ya ha invadido la carretera oriental, impidiendo el paso de buses y camiones. Esto sin contar que todos los pronósticos indican que las lluvias continuarán hasta febrero del año venidero.

Con estos argumentos, en una reunión extraordinaria con todos los miembros de la LCBP y los gerentes y delegados de los equipos, quienes hicieron parte de la reunión vía skype, se tomó la determinación.

Esto ya fue comunicado a la Confederación del Caribe y MLB, quienes entendieron perfectamente la situación por la que está atravesando nuestro país.

El próximo viernes 10 de diciembre, en un sitio y hora por confirmar, se ofrecerá una rueda de prensa para entregar más detalles al respecto.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
It is raining constantly and 1/2 of the country is flooded so they cancelled the remainder of the season. Its a mess there right now.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
[youtube:r8znwo1u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfOq1Ld03Ds[/youtube:r8znwo1u]

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I love hispanic women! :)

[youtube:1natnrao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUT5rEU6pqM[/youtube:1natnrao]

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Krom said:
cgilmo said:
You do realize that 99% of this board can't read Spanish right?
Yo habla un poco, nada mucho.

I can understand what he said. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. It reads: I speak little, not much. That is the same with me. I know enough to get by, but some Spanish chicks so damn fast I do not know how they do not have splitting migraines when they go to sleep at night. Have you ever heard some of them talk? The always talk fast and frackin' loud and that ain't no stereotype! :lol:

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
from Google translator:

Spanish to English translation

2010-2011 SEASON WILL CANCEL THE COLOMBIAN LEAGUE BASEBALL PROFESIONALBarranquilla, December 8
The Colombian League of Professional Baseball and Team Rentería regret to report that today, Wednesday December 8, 2010, was canceled this season. The harsh winter that has plagued our country forced to take drastic and sad decision.

So far this tournament has been postponed a lot of games, many of whom were to carry out. In addition, the state of the roads has prevented the proper development of the championship, this test is 20 hours it took the Colts moved from Medellin to Cali to Bogota, a journey that is done in half the time. In Antioch there are multiple landslides on roads and on the Atlantic coast, the Magdalena River has already invaded the eastern road, preventing the passage of buses and trucks. Not to mention that all forecasts indicate that the rains will continue until February next year.

With these arguments, at a special meeting with all members of the LCBP and managers and representatives of the teams who took part in the meeting via skype, it was decided.

This has already been communicated to the Caribbean Confederation of MLB, who understood perfectly the situation that has engulfed our country.

Friday, 10 December, at a site and time to be confirmed, will offer a press conference to give more details.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
jbone17 said:
Krom said:
cgilmo said:

I can understand what he said. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. It reads: I speak little, not much. That is the same with me. I know enough to get by, but some Spanish chicks so damn fast I do not know how they do not have splitting migraines when they go to sleep at night. Have you ever heard some of them talk? The always talk fast and frackin' loud and that ain't no stereotype! :lol:

I don't care if they speak fast as long as they can...

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
cgilmo said:
Yeah but like the rest of the country we should be expected to ::facepalm::

I've had mexicans call me a liar because I have told them I don't speak spanish. I'm half mexican and haven't learned enough of the language to carry a conversation. How ignorant is that to go to another country and get mad because they don't speak your language?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
jbone17 said:
Krom said:
cgilmo said:

Way too fast for me to understand. I know enough to work the Cancun beaches but thats about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts