Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

National Hockey card day.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Just found this info in Beckett.

February 21, 2009, Upper Deck will celebrate Canada’s favorite sport by giving away hundreds of thousands of exclusive “National Hockey Card Day” NHL trading card packs. The 15-card set, which will only be available on National Hockey Card Day, will include star rookies, superstars and legends. The cards spotlight Canadian-born NHL players, and will be given away free of charge at hundreds of Canadian hobby specialty shops, as well as select retail locations.

“We’re extremely excited about this upcoming NHL promotion,” said Josh Zusman, Upper Deck’s hockey brand manager. “As the league and the Players’ Association’s exclusive trading card licensee, it’s only fitting that Upper Deck should produce an exclusive set just for Canadian fans.”

A special “National Hockey Card Day” logo-stamp will be on the front of each card, and the 15-card collection includes three subsets:

Canada’s Rookies (Steven Stamkos, Kyle Turris, Josh Bailey, Colton Gilles and Derick Brassard)

Pride of Canada (Sidney Crosby, Vincent Lecavalier, Jarome Iginla, Joe Sakic and Martin Brodeur)

Hockey’s Heroes (Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr and Don Cherry)

Hobby shop owners in Canada interested in purchasing 100-pack bundles of the set and corresponding marketing materials for the promotion are asked to contact Universal Distribution. For ordering information, please call either Universal at 514-335-9000 or 866-335-9001, or Universal West at 604-596-4320 or 866-487-4320.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Autismic said:
mine are all ready paid for..can't wait

you boys want me to try and get some for the 5 of us who are hear on a regular basis

Paid for? I thought they were free?

I want to get a set, but the only place around me that has cards is not really a sport cards store so not sure if they will get any. If you are able to get some I would be interested in a set.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Terry said:
If you can get a few extras I'd love one!

me too please :D

Im new to the hockey scene here but here to stay. Id love to get a set..or just the brassard.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
jarcar said:
Autismic said:

you boys want me to try and get some for the 5 of us who are hear on a regular basis

I want to get a set, but the only place around me that has cards is not really a sport cards store so not sure if they will get any. If you are able to get some I would be interested in a set.

seems my hobby shop is either mis-informed or pulling a fast one..I'll be finding out tomorrow :evil:

I've known the guy for 16 years so I'm betting the $10 he charged will turn into a pack of Masterpieces..I love that set..Where in van are you? do you go to that nice shop in North Van?

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Autismic said:
jarcar said:
Autismic said:

seems my hobby shop is either mis-informed or pulling a fast one..I'll be finding out tomorrow :evil:

I've known the guy for 16 years so I'm betting the $10 he charged will turn into a pack of Masterpieces..I love that set..Where in van are you? do you go to that nice shop in North Van?

From what I can gather the shops do have to buy the cards from UD, so maybe that is why you are being charged. I live in Yaletown (downtown Vancouver). I haven't been over to Norh Van in a while, I forgot about that shop, I forget what it is called but I'll have to get over there because I'm sure they will get some. Thanks for the reminder.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
just got back from the shop and yes UD is charging stores my buddy said and that is why he charged me..he was just following orders from his boss..he didn't know they were supposed to be free so he gave me a free pack and a hug.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Autismic said:
just got back from the shop and yes UD is charging stores my buddy said and that is why he charged me..he was just following orders from his boss..he didn't know they were supposed to be free so he gave me a free pack and a hug.

They're available already, I'll have to go tomorrow and see if I can get any.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
jarcar said:
Autismic said:

They're available already, I'll have to go tomorrow and see if I can get any.

did you have any luck getting these early?

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I didn't get a chance to go. I figure I'll wait for Feb. 21st and get them then, I'm not a regular at the card shop so I doubt they will let me have them early.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
If any of you guys can send a couple of sets down stateside, I would appreciate it. Shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

Thanks

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I went by my shop yesterday at around 3 in the afternoon or so and they were all gone. The shop owner told me they were all gone within 20-30 minutes of opening. He said there was a line up at his store when he got there to open :lol:

They are selling them on ebay now though, look like nice cards and pretty cheap. This guy is selling 5 sets for $22 bucks, with shipping its about $5/set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/08-09-HOCKEY-DAY-CA ... dZViewItem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts