Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Platinum not worth it....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
I opened two blasters, this set looks like trash...for the $$$ Pulled a Auto that was ok. The rest Rookies, USA, Prospects, and Stars they are are not useing Chrome technology...just silver foil...only the Refractors are. Just giving a heads up. The set reminds me of UD SP, with refractors. I feel $100 + A BOX IS WAY TO MUCH.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
bikerider60 said:
I opened two basters, this set looks like trash...for the $$$ Pulled a Auto that was ok. The rest Rookies, USA, Prospects, and Stars are not on Chrome technology...just silver foil...only the Refractors are. Just giving a heads up. The set reminds me of UD SP, with refractors. I feel $100 + A BOX IS WAY TO MUCH.

The base prospects and USA are.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Anybody have feedback on the condition of these cards? Are they in typical 2010 Topps shape, dinged corners, pock dots on the back, fragile corners, or unidentifiable surface powders / liquids resembling...uh I won't go there?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I don't understand the point of the product. You have BC, BDP, TC, and Bowman Sterling. Is there really any reason for another product like this? What makes it stand apart from the others? I enjoy the breaks, but would MUCH rather Topps bring back a product like All Time Fan Favorites instead of this crap.

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
I purchased and busted a blaster box last night. It was an impulse purchase, I only bought it because that was the first time I had seen it at my local Wal Mart.

I got a good amount of rookies in it, the only one I knew was Strasburg. I didn't like the design at all and I can see how these cards will be very condition sensitive. I don't see this product doing very well, even with Stras and Heyward in it.

I won't waste my hard earned money on these packs again.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
bballcardkid said:
Anybody have feedback on the condition of these cards? Are they in typical 2010 Topps shape, dinged corners, pock dots on the back, fragile corners, or unidentifiable surface powders / liquids resembling...uh I want go there?

I was surprized that the foil-board on mine was ding free. The chrome was crystal...way better than any earlier product.

Hope that helps.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Ty Hope said:
I don't understand the point of the product. You have BC, BDP, TC, and Bowman Sterling. Is there really any reason for another product like this? What makes it stand apart from the others? I enjoy the breaks, but would MUCH rather Topps bring back a product like All Time Fan Favorites instead of this crap.
Because then they'd actually have to pay the autograph subjects.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I got a blaster and did well. no Stras but got a heyward rookie. Also a auto of Keyvius Sampson refractor. I like the lok of these cards. Anyone else notice how all the rookie cards have the RC on the top left corner and yet the Heyward is on the bottom right????

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
I agree that the cards are probably not that all stellar (from the physical sense). I picked up two blasters and I was actually pretty surprised. I was able to pick up the normal rookies, like Stras, Heyward, Stanton, etc.

And I did pick up two autos, one green numbered /199.

I like the autos MUCH better in this product and because of the low CL count, I'll probably pull a set together (I got the Strass, Heyward, and a Posey all in the same pack).

The foil "look" does look kind of cheap, but the smooth, chrome style parallels are kind of nice, nothing flashy, very clean.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else but to call a product "not worth it" after opening two retail blasters is a bit premature.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Remember also that this product was solicited post-Stras injury & the quantity out there might be substantially less than the previous debacles...

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
Warrens All Stars said:
Remember also that this product was solicited post-Stras injury & the quantity out there might be substantially less than the previous debacles...

+1

Also to add, with the hobby boxes going for anywhere between $100 to $115 now, and looking at the ratio of blasters getting hits (at least from the people posting on FCB - and under no circumstances scientifically correct - in other words, I'm going with my gut), I'm thinking I can pull a set with a few blasters. Of the two that I bought, I had maybe 2 doubles, so I'm already 25% in at only $40 and 2 autos. 3 blasters = 3 autos (maybe) and for $60 bucks instead of $100.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
wickedliquids said:
Warrens All Stars said:

+1

Also to add, with the hobby boxes going for anywhere between $100 to $115 now, and looking at the ratio of blasters getting hits (at least from the people posting on FCB - and under no circumstances scientifically correct - in other words, I'm going with my gut), I'm thinking I can pull a set with a few blasters. Of the two that I bought, I had maybe 2 doubles, so I'm already 25% in at only $40 and 2 autos. 3 blasters = 3 autos (maybe) and for $60 bucks instead of $100.

Hobby boxes are > $100 on eBay and after fees/S&H that's less than factory cost. So much for adding value.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Ty Hope said:

I kind of wonder the same thing, it's kind of similar to Bowman Sterling really.Sadly, I noticed they keep putting in the same old recycled names like Moustakis who had prospect cards 3 years ago in the base checklist.That's really baffling.

Members online