Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Two Molina's on the Cardinals? I'm all for it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/12/i ... witterfeed

Yadier Molina says the Cardinals have approached his elder brother Bengie about backing him up at catcher next season. "They want to get him, but they're waiting for his decision," Yadier told Lester Jimenez at the Puerto Rican daily Primera Hora. The younger Molina said he was confident Bengie could still handle a starting job at 36, and still might seek a contract as such, "but if he's thinking of retirement and wants to take it easy as a backup catcher, then I want him here with me."

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Ready to give up on Anderson and Pagnozzi already?Sooner or later the Cardinals are going to have to rely on these young guys.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I think Pagnozzi is already gone as for Anderson I say use him or trade him

SINFULONE said:
Ready to give up on Anderson and Pagnozzi already?Sooner or later the Cardinals are going to have to rely on these young guys.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
craiger122003 said:

SINFULONE said:

Wow, wouldn't think they would dump Pagnozzi so soon.I'd rather see Anderson backup, he's cheaper and more athletic.Cardinals already have an aging and slow roster, another Molina just compounds the problem.

ethanbryer

Jun 22, 2010
So. Missouri
I Say dont get benjie, and bring up anderson or Pagnozzi.

whats the point of getting a older guy, to backup one of the best catchers in MLB, he dosnt miss that many games. might as well give the younger guys a chance to play.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If the younger guys aren't going to get enough reps behind the dish and batting...go old and put Anderson back in AAA to get some consistency.

Bengie Molina adds a veteran presence with World Series experience and a respectable bat.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
SINFULONE said:
craiger122003 said:

SINFULONE said:

Wow, wouldn't think they would dump Pagnozzi so soon.I'd rather see Anderson backup, he's cheaper and more athletic.Cardinals already have an aging and slow roster, another Molina just compounds the problem.

Pagnozzi was 28 and couldn't hit.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Tony hates young players, I think that's proven to be fact by this point. And with Yadi, he doesn't have the patience to deal with Pags or Anderson. Anderson should have been traded a long time ago if they were going to keep getting the LaRrue/Einar Diaz's of the world for back-ups.

Tony is kind of a beyotch sometimes.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Skorris CCBC said:
SINFULONE said:
craiger122003 said:

SINFULONE said:

LaRue couldn't hit either, and was much older...and slower.What about Hill (I think that was his name), dude hit a home run his first MLB at bat?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
SINFULONE said:
Skorris CCBC said:
SINFULONE said:
craiger122003 said:

SINFULONE said:

LaRue couldn't hit either, and was much older...and slower.What about Hill (I think that was his name), dude hit a home run his first MLB at bat?

LaRue could hit in his prime. Pagnozzi is in his prime and he can't hit. Steven Hill is a hitter and that's about it.

Members online