Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Signature Stitchings Side Panel custom cut - Berra.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Okay, so I haven't had a ton of time to work on my own customs (or anyone else really) and after nailing down the Hank Aaron sweet spot and having a couple side panel autographs lying around I came up with the following Yogi Berra.

berra-aaron-beef.png

I wanted to keep it consistent with the "set design" of the sweet spot signature.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Both cards look great. You might consider showing less ball and more Yogi.

Do you get these slabbed BGS/JSA when you are done?

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Looks good Mike. There is another dark spot on the Aaron tucked in the "M" in "755 Career Home Runs". I think it would look a little better if that was lightened up. JMO.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Adamsince1981 said:

I agree with the bolded. If you cut the ball a little more, you could pull the image of Yogi out of the text.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:

The Yogi signature jammed up at the top does show too much ball, but I really want the fact that it's a side panel to still show strong. Basically, I want a "standard" side panel style to work with. Berra is one of the few who signs so small.

I get some of them slabbed because I like the way they look slabbed, but out of all of my customs, I have slabbed less than 5%. I'll slab the Aaron when it's built.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I love them!

Have you ever tried to re stitch them? You should make them the red white and blue stitches like the old school balls, that may look pretty sweet. I am really loving the designs good job again.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
nyc3 said:
I love them!

Have you ever tried to re stitch them? You should make them the red white and blue stitches like the old school balls, that may look pretty sweet. I am really loving the designs good job again.
That's a good idea.

One thing I'll have to see is how the restitching falls into the original stitching grooves, because I don't want to have 60+ half inch stitches that have to be cut individually, like it is now with the original stitches.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I know this is an old thread, but I did a random Google search and the aaron popped up. I absolutely love it, wish someone actually made these cards as an SP

Members online

Latest posts