Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The best division in football...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 29, 2008
It also has 2 of the top 5 teams in the NFL and the Bucs who are in the 12-15 range. Outside of the AFC East, there really can't be an argument for any other Division right now.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I'd agree with Kevin's statement - three really good teams playing in that division, right now.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I wish the AFC North could be brought into the discussion, but my Bengals have done a great job of losing this season. High draft pick, here we come! ::facepalm::

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I guess the case could be made....

Though the Bucs are the 3rd team in that equation......and they haven't really been juggernauts.
Their 8-5, so more power to them.....but they've still beaten Clev., Carolina, Cinn., St. Louis, Arz, Carolina, SF and Wash.

The NFC South is paired up with the NFC West.......add that to the 2 games against Carolina and factoring nothing else in the Falcons, Bucs and Saints have 6 games against what most would consider below-average teams.

If you matched them head-to-head against the AFC East......Personally I'd take the AFC East in 3 of the 4 games.
Though most weeks it seems anyone can beat anyone, so like I said, it's debatable.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I'm not just talking this year, but over the past 5-10 years. There is always one team from the NFC South
either in the super bowl or just missed it. Bucs and Saints have super bowl wins in that time span with
the Panthers a SB appearance. Falcons are in position this year. Bucs had one bad loss against the
Steelers, but destroyed a Browns team that beat the Patriots. The bucs also handled the Falcons twice
before some bad calls by the refs. Ravens don't scare anyone, bucs should of beat them.

Even with the ton of injuries we have had I would put the bucs against any team in the NFC...this with the
2 loss Falcons AND the Saints. Once again the best divison in football.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
schmidtfan20 said:
I'm not just talking this year, but over the past 5-10 years. There is always one team from the NFC South
either in the super bowl or just missed it. Bucs and Saints have super bowl wins in that time span with
the Panthers a SB appearance. Falcons are in position this year. Bucs had one bad loss against the
Steelers, but destroyed a Browns team that beat the Patriots. The bucs also handled the Falcons twice
before some bad calls by the refs. Ravens don't scare anyone, bucs should of beat them.

Even with the ton of injuries we have had I would put the bucs against any team in the NFC...this with the
Kinda dumb logic. So are these the same Bucs that had to rely on a last second TD's to beat the mediocre Rams and Redskins? If the Bucs ever get a good QB then your argument might have some validity but for now they get a B+ on defense and a D on offense. Freeman is not a good enough QB to lead them anywhere and their defense isn't quite good enough to compensate for him the way the Ravens did for Dilfer in their championship year. While I am not convinced the Ravens are a threat to win the SB this year they are good enough to beat the Bucs.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
schmidtfan20 said:

The past 5-10 years??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PLEASE, the Saints have been HORRIBLE for the majority of the past 10 years, they finally came up for air the past few seasons. If we're talking the past 10 years, the best division according to Super Bowl appearances (and isn't that really all that matters in the end) would be a tie between the AFC East and the AFC North. Both have 3 Super Bowl wins in their division. I would give the nod to the AFC North though because they are 3-0 in those SB's (1 Ravens, 2 Steelers), where as the AFC East is 3-1, all by the Patriots.

Also, your argument about the Bucs destroying the Browns who had previously beaten the Patriots is WEAK. You don't actually believe stuff like that do you??? The "team A beat team B, so team A should definitely beat team C" theory holds no water.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
mstng99tim said:
schmidtfan20 said:

PLEASE, the Saints have been HORRIBLE for the majority of the past 10 years, they finally came up for air the past few seasons. If we're talking the past 10 years, the best division according to Super Bowl appearances (and isn't that really all that matters in the end) would be a tie between the AFC East and the AFC North. Both have 3 Super Bowl wins in their division. I would give the nod to the AFC North though because they are 3-0 in those SB's (1 Ravens, 2 Steelers), where as the AFC East is 3-1, all by the Patriots.

Also, your argument about the Bucs destroying the Browns who had previously beaten the Patriots is WEAK. You don't actually believe stuff like that do you??? The "team A beat team B, so team A should definitely beat team C" theory holds no water.

maybe give the nod to the afc east b/c they have appeared in more SB's. so what if afc north is undefeated? also reason afc north didnt get to lose more SB's is because the pats beat the steelers twice in the afc champ game....
also aaron brooks and the saints werent that bad and joe horn

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
miguelcabrera said:
mstng99tim said:
schmidtfan20 said:

maybe give the nod to the afc east b/c they have appeared in more SB's. so what if afc north is undefeated? also reason afc north didnt get to lose more SB's is because the pats beat the steelers twice in the afc champ game....
The only reason I say the AFC North gets the nod is because they didn't have a team lose in the SB. Also, the Pats are the only really good team in that division for most of those 10 years.

Aaron Brooks and Joe Horn were good together for a few seasons, but their win-loss record says that the rest (except for Duece) of the team stunk.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
mstng99tim said:
miguelcabrera said:
mstng99tim said:
schmidtfan20 said:

The only reason I say the AFC North gets the nod is because they didn't have a team lose in the SB. Also, the Pats are the only really good team in that division for most of those 10 years.

Aaron Brooks and Joe Horn were good together for a few seasons, but their win-loss record says that the rest (except for Duece) of the team stunk.

im not giving the nod to the afc east as i myself havnt thought about it enough but
if i were just going off SB's i would take the east. more SB appearances and same amount of SB wins
i think the loss makes the east better. more SB appearances, again just on this criteria alone though

Latest posts