Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many of you would've done it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New- ... hin-121210

Jets strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi appeared to trip the Dolphins' Nolan Carroll in the third quarter when Carroll was covering a punt.

Once upon a time I was playing kickball in PE and got mad about the fact that we were losing. Some kid was talking trash and kicked the ball and would've had no trouble rounding the bases. When he came by I tripped him and he was held to a single. Granted, this was in grade school and there were not cameras all over the place.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Like you said, I can see doing something similar while you are young and immature, but for a professional adult to do that is ridiculous. Hopefully the NFL comes down on him hard.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Agree with Ditka a fine should follow that is about it. It is really minor at the end of the day.
I would add 1 game but no way is that worse then ripping a guys helmet off and beating the snot out of him

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Dude was behind the get-back line and it's funny how sticking a knee out requires the same motion as bracing for impact. Dan Fouts and Eagle were going wild but I just couldn't see it.

If he was standing on the white line in the field of play, maybe a different situation but I'm having a hard time believing this is an offense. Players routinely get laid out when they go into the other teams sideline, I don't see how this is any different. Furthermore, watching the play, the gunner shouldn't have been that far in and was clearly lolly-gagging to get back in.

I just see this as a non-event.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
We were blowing out a team when I was a senior, and I went after the other team's "goon" with a total cheap shot that earned me a major penalty. Given the opportunity, I would do it again.

He went after one of our players early in the game, so before they could get chippy due to the score...I instigated it.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
200lbhockeyplayer said:
We were blowing out a team when I was a senior, and I went after the other team's "goon" with a total cheap shot that earned me a major penalty. Given the opportunity, I would do it again.

He went after one of our players early in the game, so before they could get chippy due to the score...I instigated it.

I once broke my hockey stick cross-checking a kid during a school game. I was 9 years old.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
No excuse for it on any level. Woody Hayes made the same mistake of getting involved in a game and it has tarnished his image forever.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Dude was behind the get-back line and it's funny how sticking a knee out requires the same motion as bracing for impact. Dan Fouts and Eagle were going wild but I just couldn't see it.

If he was standing on the white line in the field of play, maybe a different situation but I'm having a hard time believing this is an offense. Players routinely get laid out when they go into the other teams sideline, I don't see how this is any different. Furthermore, watching the play, the gunner shouldn't have been that far in and was clearly lolly-gagging to get back in.

Other than the fact the guy already admitted he DID DO IT ON PURPOSE and he's tried to apologize.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
rymflaherty said:
pigskincardboard said:

Other than the fact the guy already admitted he DID DO IT ON PURPOSE and he's tried to apologize.

Yah, that doesn't surprise me. People routinely stand up anyone that goes into the sideline. With that said, this story dies after three days if he immediately admits fault. If he does anything other than that, it's a story for at least a week.

If this is a problem, move the get-back line. I think you pretty much need to assume that if an opposing player goes into the other sideline, no one's going to move.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
pigskincardboard said:
rymflaherty said:
pigskincardboard said:

Yah, that doesn't surprise me. People routinely stand up anyone that goes into the sideline. With that said, this story dies after three days if he immediately admits fault. If he does anything other than that, it's a story for at least a week.

If this is a problem, move the get-back line. I think you pretty much need to assume that if an opposing player goes into the other sideline, no one's going to move.

There's a difference between "not moving" and intentionally sticking your knee out to trip a guy.

Classless move.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
Did that in baseball once. Ball was hit into the outfield and the guy on first rounded second to go to third. I was the pitcher but had to be the relay guy because I was the only kid who could throw a frozen rope to home. As he was about to run behind me I stepped backwards and sent him to the infield grass. Amazingly, I thought I would get called for interference, but I didn't. He only got to third base and I stuck out the next batter to end the inning.

Cheap? Yep. Did I care? Nope. Why? Cause that kid was calling me a fat-arse before the game started. Guess what? Fat kids moving violently WILL HURT little scrawny kids.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
IndyMann said:
This jag needs to lose his job and the Jets, as an organization, should be fined. This is an inexcusable offense.

GZigZagManSepia.gif

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ffgameman said:
pigskincardboard said:
rymflaherty said:
pigskincardboard said:

There's a difference between "not moving" and intentionally sticking your knee out to trip a guy.

Classless move.

Yah, I dunno. As I said, putting your weight on the back foot is the same as sticking out your knee.

The Dolphins player also has to attempt to re-enter the field of play immediately, remember. I'm not excusing the guy that stuck his knee out, but he's either allowed to stand there or he isn't. If there's the potential for interaction with the players on the field, he shouldn't be allowed to stand there.

When an opposing player enters the other team's sideline, stuff like this will happen.

I'm very pragmatic when it comes to this stuff. I think Carroll should've gotten back into the field of play quicker. I think the Jets trainer should've been 2 yards further back.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
The Dolphins player had already been penalized once for being knocked out of bounds and continuing to run out of bounds. Every punt the Dolphins gunners would allow themselves to be easily knocked out of bounds and then take off sprinting down the white portion of the out of bounds area. I wish a player would have come off the bench and clothes lined him instead of a simple trip. Hopefully this incident will cause the league to take a look at how gunners exploit the sidelines.

The Dolphins gunners were obviously trying to gain an advantage by going out of bounds. What would happen if an opposing head coach or player on the sideline "accidently" gets run over and injured? Imagine a Hockey player skating past the opposing bench swinging his stick near the bench players faces, he'd get his ass kicked and that would be the end of it. But, unfortunatly it's the NFL and a simple trip to convey the msg. to, "quit f'in around" (which really should be no big deal) will and is getting blown way out of proportion.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Banned for the rest of the season/playoffs + $25,000

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
What would happen to a Walmart employee caught on camera pushing carts into car? They would likely be fired. In my opinion, this should be the same case, but a fine and suspension is acceptable.

Members online

Latest posts